Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FracturedHeart

My solution to back acne

Hey all,

So Ive been skimming this site for the last few weeks for additional info on back acne, but I thought I would register to tell you guys how I kept my acne under control - Ive reduced it to about 95-98% which is excellent so long as I follow my regimine; but it definitely is not a cure, as my acne slowly came back when I stopped.

Some background: So I suffered from teen facial acne, and back acne, and shoulder acne, what have you for several years. Really terrible, it has adversely affected my personality (made me an introvert really). I tried everything, BP, adapalene, retinoic acid, mino and tetracycline, erythromycin gel, nothing really worked. Oddly enough, I read in a home health book about selenium, zinc, vit e and lastly vit a (all normal doses except vit a in 5x daily dose). I tried it and it really worked, my acne cleared almost immediately, could be a coincidence who knows.

Fast forward 10 years to now. I have no facial acne, never had since I took those aformentioned vits/min, but Ive had stomach, chest, shoulder, back and upper buttock acne, for god knows how long. So, 4 months ago I started using Kaiser Permanente 10% BP wash on those areas and it reduced my acne to about 80% after about 3 weeks. Not bad, but I still got breakouts, cystic, painful, annoying, and my back was not smooth to touch. Also I got breakouts on my stomach - more than average. So I thought it might be something infectious like S. aureus.

I read somewhere that bleach baths cure eczema by killing staph aureus (which is directly responsible for it). I thought I would give it a try, and after 1.5 months of taking a bleach bath, showering, and then apply BP, Ive reduced my acne to 95-98%, and my skin is incredibly smooth to touch. Fortunately, not a cystic painful lesion since. The odd thing is the bleach bath removes body hair, so whatever is submerged in the water over time will become less hairy. Ive also started to apply vinegar to my body before I shower and it has further helped.

This will definitely work for those with adult back/stomach/shoulder acne and patience. Just follow this daily or every other day regimine:

First Apply Vinegar to body...

1. Fill the bathtub up with water add 0.5 cup of bleach and sit in it for 15 mins.

2. Shower as you normally would.

3. After you shower apply BP (gotta wear a white T)

4. Thank me in 1 month.

which vinegar do you use and recommend?

how about bleach? any would work?

just wanted to make sure before i give it a try.

which vinegar do you use and recommend?

how about bleach? any would work?

just wanted to make sure before i give it a try.

So the Vinegar thing isn't necessary but I bought Japanese Rice Wine Vinegar recently have been using regular white vinegar. Keep in mind I got the results before I began using it. I just followed the thread on "Vinegar cured my bacne". Regular bleach is fine, you can add a little more than 0.5 cup in the beginning, as I did, but you need to be able to smell the bleach in the water. As the water is filling in the tub, add the bleach, 0.5-0.75 cups worth. Make sure the water level is high enough that you can submerge yourself in it (up to your neck).

Then shower normally, you dont need an antibacterial bar since the germs are pretty much all dead. Youll notice that you dont even need deoderant for 1-2 days after a bleach bath, no matter how active you are, 'cause all the germs are gone. I couldnt bleach bath for four days, and I had forgotten to use deoderant but it turned out I didnt need it.

After the shower apply BP 5 or 10% wash ( I used one from Kaiser Permanente) but PanOxyl has one too. Let it soak into your skin, and then rinse it off without removing too much.

hi! found your log through another post: one question

i was told to do that bleach bath because of eczema, but it worries me- isnt it unhealthy to soak in bleach?

what have you found?

bleach will destroy the skin, chlorine is too powerful and will literally destroy the skin, it's a chemical halogen and will damage DNA. DONT DO IT!