Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jewelsbeerlover

Will my acne get worse if I stop using my topicals?

I am getting so sick of washing my face 2x a day with BP and using AHA toner and then puttin on Retin-A at nite n' clindamycin gel in the morning. i am soooooo worried tho that if i stop using all this stuff on my face that i will get pimples galore, like WAY worse than i had b4!?

anyone have any input on this? what should i do???

oh and a note: every time i pass out drunk or go to sleep without puttin anything on my face i wake up with my nose, forehead n cheeks all full of whiteheads. EWWWW. im sooo sick of dealin with my routine 2x a day and wanna call it quits. i need help figuring out what will happen if i just stop with retin-a and clyndamycin 1st, then quit AHA toner and BP face wash from the Acne Free line?

like if i eventually just start takin off my makeup with baby wipes will i have horrible cysts and nodules??? PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS!

don't stop using your stuff, if it's working. seriously. i had a regimen that was working pretty well, lots of different things 2x a day like you. I thought there had to be a better solution, and now I am back on antibiotics after over 6 months of awful acne - and my face is covered with red marks.

if you wanted to stop using ONE of your things at a time, and see if it breaks you out to stop, you might be able to whittle your routine down, but really, if it's working, even if it's a pain, why would you want to? stick with what works.

Many people find they get better when they stop irritating their skin and stripping the acid mantle with alkaline cleansers.

I'd Keep the AHA although you should really use a BHA for acne. BHA exfoliates inside the pores, AHA doesn't. And I'd quit the BP which is very damaging. I don't recall what clyndamycin is. A topical Antibiotic? If so, I'd quit that too. The bacteria are by far the least important factor in acne. The pores has to get clogged first for the bacteria to be an issue at all.

And you should use an acidic toner to restore the proper ph after cleansing. This is the reason people use diluted ACV.

THNX SO MUCH GUYS!

last nite I switched out my BP cleanser to Cetaphil daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin. This is what happened: my forehead looked less dotty and my nose looks better too! my lips and cheeks are still kinda zity, but seem less large.

I think BP hurt my sensitive face, I need a break for sure cuz i have been using it for circa 7 years now! Long time huh!?

I only use my AHA toner in the morning now, and i found out it also has BHA in it! So thats good!

Clindamycin gel is a topical antibiotic, and it seems to really work to keep zits from coming, but I plan on stopping it as soon as my tube is emply. LOL sick of gettin all these refills!!!

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

THNX SO MUCH GUYS!

last nite I switched out my BP cleanser to Cetaphil daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin. This is what happened: my forehead looked less dotty and my nose looks better too! my lips and cheeks are still kinda zity, but seem less large.

I think BP hurt my sensitive face, I need a break for sure cuz i have been using it for circa 7 years now! Long time huh!?

I only use my AHA toner in the morning now, and i found out it also has BHA in it! So thats good!

Clindamycin gel is a topical antibiotic, and it seems to really work to keep zits from coming, but I plan on stopping it as soon as my tube is emply. LOL sick of gettin all these refills!!!

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

To add my two cents, sometimes less is more (conversely). Over the years ive started to use less product and moderate the amount of topicals. I think as a result it has helped. Not so long ago i had really oily skin - really really really oily skin. In an attempt to cure it i toyed with the idea of reverting to washing my face only once a day with a BHA cleanser. As a result my skin is less oily. Same idea with BP, i lowered that and have seen a positive effect. If i had to offer advice, it would be 'keep it simple'.

I used to use a whole lot of crap on my face believing that it would help clear my acne, from facial soaps, to exfoliants, BP, Clearasil, toothpaste, Castor oil, clay, salyilic aacid (spelling?), fruit acid exfoliants, moisturizers etc. etc.

But really none of it did anything and alot of it aggravated my skin and made my acne worse.

Gradually I used less and less stuff on my face and along with a change in thinking, habits and lifestyle I got clear. Today I don't use anything on my face, just a splash of water before I go to bed.

K

anyone???? I really need help?! Thanks!

I have found a great site for you and it actually worked for many acne sufferers worldwide. (please visit the site : skinb5 (dot) com )

Please let me know if u have any other queries.

call me superstitious but when I get out of my daily facewashing routine it's game on for my acne. its always been that way. worst part is, the clearasil scrub i used for years with best success of any product ive ever bought, for anything, was discontinued so my skin is totally in a funk now where it just really wants clearasil energizing acne scrub for men. cant have any. i bought 10 bottles off ebay and i have 1 left and it expired in july :( . anyways, thats just for me, i hope everything works out for you.

Firstly, BP plus Retin-A is unnecessary, and is almost certainly providing no additional benefit.

Secondly, which percentage BP are you using?

Ok...first off, i didnt grow out of it, Im 20 and got acne when i was 18...I still get some acne before my time of the month, but usually my skin has been MUCH clearer than it was b4 when i put all that CRAP on it! Im gonna be 21 in two months, and I bet my acne will still be the same as its has been for the last two years until im like 35 or somethin...my mommy is 49 and still gets acne sometimes! its genetic, u cant do much about it...she had acne as a young adult too and used noxzema face wash, and didnt let it bother her! I chose to do that too.

so from now on i stopped using BP and any harsh toners or drying products...and the BP i used was the 2.5% face scrub from the AcneFree product line u see in target and walgreens n' stuff. it worked for a while until i had instructions from my doc to use it and the toner in combo with retin-a, A BAD COMBO! she was not a derm so i cant get too angry at her, she didnt know anything about skincare now did she?

I hope u guys find a nice simple product that works for u like cetaphil or clean and clear!

and jj8 or whoever, im so sorry they discont. the stuff that u loved! sucks for u i would hate it if they stopped making cetaphil daily face wash for me!

u should srsly pick some up the next time ur in a drugstore, it might be the best thing that ever happened to u as it was for me!