Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I started my own topic because i have a few questions about accutane and the supplements/washes/moisturizers that have worked for you while on accutane. I will be going to the doctor on monday to receive accutane. I am 17 yrs old and about 170lbs. what is the typical dosage they would give me? Also i have been researching fish oil and vitamin e to take alongside with accutane to help with redness. Which products are most effective? I also have heard about jojoba oil and emu oil but dont know much about them. And lastly, what are good moisterizer and washes. I have pretty sensative skin and my my acne is pretty sever and cystic. Hope you guys can help!thanks!

Hi everyone,

I started my own topic because i have a few questions about accutane and the supplements/washes/moisturizers that have worked for you while on accutane. I will be going to the doctor on monday to receive accutane. I am 17 yrs old and about 170lbs. what is the typical dosage they would give me? Also i have been researching fish oil and vitamin e to take alongside with accutane to help with redness. Which products are most effective? I also have heard about jojoba oil and emu oil but dont know much about them. And lastly, what are good moisterizer and washes. I have pretty sensative skin and my my acne is pretty sever and cystic. Hope you guys can help!thanks!!

Thanks for starting this q and a. I will be on accutane starting wednesday. I was also thinking of using jojoba oil too after hearing good things about it. My skin sounds pretty much like yours. I've already started to get some scarring on my forehead. Although I have no clue what my skin will do when I start 'tane I've reacently started using pure aloe vera gel from the plant and its worked great at helping with scarring/redness. I'm going to contine to use it to hopefully help prevent future scarring too. I'm a little worried about the initial breakout. Any tips/advice you get would be a lot of help!

hey thanks for replying!

To think of it i have used aloe vera gel when i get a suburn and it does do wonders thanks for bringiing that up. I too am a bit nervous about the IB but i just want this to be overwith and have clear skin. I also heard that the supplements that i metioned above help with the dry lips and skin the most on accutane experience. I would also like to believe that it may help reduce scarring. But i still dont no much about the jojoba oil other than alot of people on hear using it