Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well ima make this short and simple ive had acne since i was 13 years old and it probably got to mod and never more than that. It is now mild but i have tryed alot of things and nothing is clearing it up, so i decided to its time for accutane. ill be on 1 pill this month at 40 mgs. ill up date this every day and ill have new pics soon.

day 1 i took my first pill with dinner so far so good with side effects. Any advice would be nice and what to avoid and stuff like that =].

As far as my experience you'll be fine for a few days... it takes awhile to take effect. Just make sure you have a stockpile of chapstick on hand because when that side effect hits you will need it (and in my case, and what seems to be most cases this is the first side effect). Chapstick has the unfortunate tendency to roll and get lost so you can really be caught in a lot of discomfort if you don't have a ton on hand. Put one on every desk in your apartment / house whatever, you will be happy you did.

Congrats on joining the Accutane rollercoaster! My advice: lots of suncreen, moisturizer and CHAPSTICK. Do not, under any circumstances, leave your house without three chapsticks on you. Lol, I'm mostly kidding. But don't go anywhere without at least one or you will regret it when your lips crack and bleed. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Congrats on joining the Accutane rollercoaster! My advice: lots of suncreen, moisturizer and CHAPSTICK. Do not, under any circumstances, leave your house without three chapsticks on you. Lol, I'm mostly kidding. But don't go anywhere without at least one or you will regret it when your lips crack and bleed. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

thank u yea my derm told me to put on a lot of chap stick and sunscreen i will def keep the chap stick on hand every time im out.

Hey Nick,

You finally got the Green Light to go on 'tane. Congrats and keep us posted!

yea i really truly didnt see how any thing could be wrong with my liver, im a sports freak and im at the gym every day. talking about sports had my 2nd str8 good start pitching today 6 innings 1 earned 7 ks. but took my 2nd pill with dinner still no real side effects yet face is a little dry and i do see a few new bumps, nothing to bad and my lips were chapped a little when i woke up but again so far so good. ill have pics soon gotta find my cam.

day 3 still the same no real side effects i think my lips are started to get chapped im sure the side effects will kick in soon.

day 3 still the same no real side effects i think my lips are started to get chapped im sure the side effects will kick in soon.

day 4 nothing new.

day 5 im starting to get some pimples on my neck could be the ib, they itch like hell but i will have pics tommrow hopfully.

day 5 im starting to get some pimples on my neck could be the ib, they itch like hell but i will have pics tommrow hopfully.

day 6 myl ips are still getting dry, and aucally last night my face was dry after i got out of the shower, so i do think its working my neck is broke out a little im not sure if its the ib or not ima take pics tonight, theres a pic around here some where is what i looked like 6 days a go when starting this.

It's fun when you can tell it's working for the first time. About three hours after I took my first pill my skin started changing and my body felt different. So weird. Are you moisturizing morning and night? Since it's so early you should really be working on preventing dry skin before it really hits you.

It's fun when you can tell it's working for the first time. About three hours after I took my first pill my skin started changing and my body felt different. So weird. Are you moisturizing morning and night? Since it's so early you should really be working on preventing dry skin before it really hits you.

good point tonight i will put lotion on before i go to bed and i promiss i will take pics tonight lol today will be day 11 not much has changed my lips are dry and getting dry skin around lip jaw area, my face is preety red aswell.

good point tonight i will put lotion on before i go to bed and i promiss i will take pics tonight lol today will be day 11 not much has changed my lips are dry and getting dry skin around lip jaw area, my face is preety red aswell.

well not much has changed since i updated last im getting dry skin and dry lips, and im still looking for my dc when i find it ill take some pics.

again not much has changed still no cam =[ my face is doing ok, my back is 100 percent clear, gosh am i hoping my face gets this clear and stays this clear. i got a hair cut the other day and the lady that does my hair kind of made a complment saying my face looks thinner i think its cus im clearing up. So hopfully it keeps clearing up aand i will try to find my cam again.

well so next wed will be a month ima be with some pills for a few days cus im going on vacation friday but the doctor said thats fine. i tryed up loading a pic its saying the files to big though =[. but ill give u a overview my face is very red and preety dry, still no ib im hoping it stays that way but almost one month down, 4 or 5 more to go. if any one can help with pics ied appricate it cus ied like to add some. i put one up before idk why its not letting me now.

Update?

And you don't have to use this site to upload, you can go to imageshack, photobucket.. etc.. to upload then just copy and past the link they give u onto here.

Update?

And you don't have to use this site to upload, you can go to imageshack, photobucket.. etc.. to upload then just copy and past the link they give u onto here.

man, im really upset at my self for not updating this, well ill give the recap of it. 2 months later, i am acne free except one little one on the side of my temple, which i think may be cause i got hit up there playing basketball. Nut so far so good, im hoping it stays clear, im just waiting for the rest of the redness, and acne scars to go away. thats not that good of a pic, but ill take more later and try to find some before i went on tane.

Edited by osfan2006