Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

Im at the end of the tunnel of the INITIAL BREAKOUT!!!!

this is my fourth month on the accutane. and i had a terrible breakout from the second to the end of the 3rd month. i just my dose up last week to 80 mg and i havent broken out since! and my face is clearing up so much it is unbelievable!! only thing now is to wait for the scarish-looking-marks and redness to fade. anyone know how to get rid of that faster? more moisturizer? get a lil tan(i think helps. i dont burn myself. i use lotion.)? wash my face more?

this is my fourth month on the accutane. and i had a terrible breakout from the second to the end of the 3rd month. i just my dose up last week to 80 mg and i havent broken out since! and my face is clearing up so much it is unbelievable!! only thing now is to wait for the scarish-looking-marks and redness to fade. anyone know how to get rid of that faster? more moisturizer? get a lil tan(i think helps. i dont burn myself. i use lotion.)? wash my face more?

Hey, great to hear your doing well on accutane now! I will be starting it in about a week for my severe cystic acne. I've already started to get reddish purple scars and I'm very fair so they are very noticable. I started using aloe vera gel on them straight from the plant and its working great so far!! Of course they take time to heal but I think the aloe vera really helps to get rid of the redness and really soothe your skin. I use the gel from the plant because a lot of the ones you buy in the store have other chemicals in them that I'm not sure about.

That's great to hear! If I go through an initial breakout, I hope mine works out the way yours did.

No... DO NOT WANT! :hand:

Most initial breakouts are a matter of days or weeks- not months. Mine was pretty hellacious, but it was only a factor for about a week. For one to last into the third or fourth month is pretty extreme, and certainly not something you would want to wish on yourself.

That's great to hear! If I go through an initial breakout, I hope mine works out the way yours did.

No... DO NOT WANT! :hand:

Most initial breakouts are a matter of days or weeks- not months. Mine was pretty hellacious, but it was only a factor for about a week. For one to last into the third or fourth month is pretty extreme, and certainly not something you would want to wish on yourself.

yea it was pretty bad for me... at the end of the first month it was a little better. then it started to get worse and worse up to a week ago.