Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lately I feel like I am wasting my life because of my acne. I am midway through high school and i havent even done much this summer. Mostly because I feel too embarrassed to go out. I also feel like I am losing my friends. I have the kind of friends who all hang out and we are kinda like a small crew rather than a wide branch of friends that arent so great. However, I havent been doing much with them and feel like I will be left behind and lose all the good friends I have. Then high school will end and I will be super lonely and life will be a disappointment. Anyone else feel this way? I just need somewhere to post my thoughts atm. Thanks for reading.

Lately I feel like I am wasting my life because of my acne. I am midway through high school and i havent even done much this summer. Mostly because I feel too embarrassed to go out. I also feel like I am losing my friends. I have the kind of friends who all hang out and we are kinda like a small crew rather than a wide branch of friends that arent so great. However, I havent been doing much with them and feel like I will be left behind and lose all the good friends I have. Then high school will end and I will be super lonely and life will be a disappointment. Anyone else feel this way? I just need somewhere to post my thoughts atm. Thanks for reading.

I know how you feel, and i think im dealing with the same things you are. It's really hard for me to go out and see all my friends with great skin when i am so worried about how my face looks. but the thing is that it will pass in a matter of time, and you'll look back and say wow i wasted a lot of time worrying about how i looked. I'm trying to just have hope and realize that maybe this is just one of those things you have to go through in life.

You're feeling down right now, and you're not alone. Acne sucks but honestly high school is overrated. I talk to maybe two or three people on a regular basis that I went to high school with. In college you meet so many new people and friends come and go in life. High school is not the best four years of your life. Look forward to the future!

I could write a reaaaallly long post. (I wrote a long thread last summer, same type thing) But I'll say this

. Been there, done that. I've wasted more of my life than u prolly have.

and guess what. Once it's all over (whether it's tane or some other thing that works)

U WONT CARE (that much) anymore about wasting the time. N NEITHER WILL UR FRIENDS.

Theyll forget about it and so will u.

Ive been clear for a couple weeks now (4th month in tane) N Ive practically resumed my old ways. Sure I'm not the top notch person I was, acne took a lot out of me, but I dont really care. I'm enjoying my life again.

The only thing I'm mad about is that I havnt hooked up with a girl in a while. Or had a GF. It's cool tho. Tough time I can look back on (Ive had it bad, had it good, had it bad, had it good, then boom so bad I couldnt f ace ppl).

ULL be where u want to be sooner or later.

I know how you exactly feel, I went through the exact same phase about 2 years back. I was a very sociable and fun guy but then my acne hit its peak. I went through 1 year of solitude other than seeing some family + relatives + a derm. Then the next year I saw my friends probably 3 times all year around. Not to mention I dropped out of HS. It was real bad. I'm not going to include all the details or else its gonna be one huge post just like thuglife2k5 mentioned up there. Nevertheless, I know for sure I hit the rock bottom during those 2 years.

Just recently, my acne got a lot better than before (comparatively, its probably still considered "severe" cuz of all my damn marks). So I decided to say screw it, I've wasted 2 years of my life cuz of acne and I started hanging out with my friends again. That was when I realized, my friends don't really care about my acne, as a matter of fact no one really does. You're your own worst critique. They don't notice your acne as much as you do. In my opinion, if you act shy/depressed or anti-social cuz of your acne, people are gonna notice your acne. They're gonna think "o he's like that cuz of his acne". But, if you just act confident and have your head held up high, no one's gonna say anything about it. I was able to have fun and was nice to see that my friends were still my old friends from before. I still do suffer from acne, but not as bad. I know it will get better eventually. Just think positive.

gotta force yourself to go out, you care a lot more about your acne, and notice it more, than anyone else. You are still the same guy you were before, you just don't think you can behave like him. Go out there, and focus on the good time you are having, not any spots on your face!

good luck my friend.

I'm so glad you finally realized this! I've been trying to tell this to people for a while now, but sometimes, they can't quite grasp what it really means until they find this out for themselves.

Now it's up to you to make a change and go from there. ^_^

Put it into perspective. You're halfway through high school. The opportunities are there. It's on you if you let acne dicate how you choose to spend the next two years. If these are good friends, make sure to stay close with them. I think they prefer your company. Why would they judge you?

If I told you your acne would kill you in less than 6 months would make every second count or just sit there and do nothing?

This is where you have to accept it is just a part of you. I went through what you are going through. What changed me is that one day i see a girl walking down the street with only one arm. She was the happiest girl I have even seen, joking with her friends without a care in the world.

Now whatever happened to that girl was far worse than my acne and she was living her life. I was like "OMG What the hell am I moaning about"? I have my health, I have a roof over my head, I know where my next will be, I have my family, I have all of my limbs.

Kind of put it into perspective for me. I totally sympathise with you because I have been there but there is a big world out there to be experienced.

Everyone dies but not everyone can say they truely lived.

I have to admit tho. I am VERY pro at avoiding everyone.

Ive gone a whole year of somehow avoiding my best friends at school and home. I guess I got lucky with my school schedual, I was with all random ppl.

O n I'd fake sick a lot.

Summer is easy to avoid of course, but at least during the summer U dont have to worry about Florescent lighting and u control what u do

School is tourture sometimes. Like the whole "GET INTRO GROUPS" thing killed me when I had a horrific skin day. N all the lights r on n ur sitting 2 feet away from ppl ur avoiding.

ahh I get sick when I hear. "GET INTO UR OWN GROUPS."

I'm like wtf im 17 do we really need to do this shit.

im so with you on this, i feel like ive wasted four years of my life (14 - 18) cause i am embaresed and depressed because of my acne. I have a good group of friends who are really outgoing and socail and whenever i do go out with them i realize how socially challenged i am compared to them as i just dont do it a lot. I always think that i could have lived a better life but then i just think of the positives of what i have done with my life, i stayed in and looked after myself, went gym instead fo going out so instead of beer bellys ive got good health and eventually all this sacrifice will result in good skin :)

I understand how you feel, I'm a junior and recently my acne has come back (again!) Its really hard to do anything over the summer, cause most things involve water. Water + Makeup? Not a good combination. I often times find myself comparing my skin to my other friends and wishing I had amazing skin like them. But, I promise your friends will accept you no matter what. it's kind of funny because my friends don't seem to mind my acne at all, it me who's really worrying about it. You seem really nice, and like you have good friends so I say go out and have fun! Trust me, don't let acne hold you back in life.

i feel exactly the same way, I feel like my life has been wasted because of acne. even if I woke up with great skin tomorrow, i would always remember that i lost the best years of my life bc of acne and you cant get those back. I feel like i havent really lived a single day since the 90s.

The good news is that you are still young, this may be a temporary thing for you. trust me at your age, you still have hope for your life.