Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Schrute

Accutane and Yaz at the same time?

I've been reading about how some people broke out really bad when they first started taking Yaz. I just started my first pill of this and am wondering whether my low dosage course of 10mg per day will prevent the scary IB from Yaz? I've already done a higher dosage course but have started breaking out again which is why my derm is trying me on Yaz, she prescribed the 10mg Tane daily to tide me over till the Yaz kicks in which according to her is in about 4mths.

That's an interesting approach. Usually they give antibiotics as an IB preventative. It would be cool if all the derms could get on the same page. Sounds like your derm is using accutane as an aid to acne treatment with a bc pill? Or is she just trying to keep the previous good accutane treatment effects going?

That's an interesting approach. Usually they give antibiotics as an IB preventative. It would be cool if all the derms could get on the same page. Sounds like your derm is using accutane as an aid to acne treatment with a bc pill? Or is she just trying to keep the previous good accutane treatment effects going?

Yep right now the focus is on the BCP, she just wants me to do Accutane till the skin effects (reduced oiliness) of Yaz kicks in.

Have you been on Yaz?

Yep right now the focus is on the BCP, she just wants me to do Accutane till the skin effects (reduced oiliness) of Yaz kicks in.

Have you been on Yaz?

No not me. I'm on here for DD. She has had good in the past with Yaz and Spiro. She went off (bad) and is now back on.