Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unlike a lot of people I LOVED being on accutane! Everything in my life was fantastic on accutane... I loved waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror and just being happy because of how well my skin was recovering, I loved not having greasy hair and being able to go without taking a shower and washing my hair for a few days and nobody would be able to tell, I miss guys flirting with me more because they could see my acne dissapearing before their eyes and me feeling so proud and just loving accutane for letting me expirience the happiness of their attention, I miss letting me hair air dry and it turning curly instead of straight, I miss my skin being dry and me being able to say, "I have dry skin" instead of greasy skin, I miss having dry accutane lips and using them as my excuse to get 100 new lip balms (well, not actually 100), I miss going to dermotologist appointments and looking at my picures before accutane and thinking, "damn, my skin looks so much better now" and I loved my dermotologist so much and I miss joking with her, I miss the feeling of anticipation I get before I take each pill, I miss the compliments of people telling my how much better my skin is looking and how much it has improved, and most of all I miss the safety accutane gave me... when I was on it for those amazing 6 months I didn't have to worry about my skin because I know that accutane was managing my breakouts and there was no need to worry. Now that I'm off of it I feel that the security and confidence accutane gave me in gone to.... I've been having nightmares every night that I wake up in the moring and look in the mirror and all of my acne is back. It is so aful I wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel so defensless against acne and I am so afraid that it will strike again at any time, as if it knows that I don't have the power of accutane to back me up and now I'm a weak and easy target....

When I was on accutane life was the best it had ever been, I was everything that I wanted to be. I never had more confidence in my life, now that I'm off of it I feel as though I've lost me best friend, a best friend that gave me confidence every day... and now that I've lost that friend all of my insecurities are back.

Accutane was the best decision in my life and for anyone who is on it I wanted to say to enjoy it while you can, because if you look at the positives accutane can be one of the best expiriences of your life.

Unlike a lot of people I LOVED being on accutane! Everything in my life was fantastic on accutane... I loved waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror and just being happy because of how well my skin was recovering, I loved not having greasy hair and being able to go without taking a shower and washing my hair for a few days and nobody would be able to tell, I miss guys flirting with me more because they could see my acne dissapearing before their eyes and me feeling so proud and just loving accutane for letting me expirience the happiness of their attention, I miss letting me hair air dry and it turning curly instead of straight, I miss my skin being dry and me being able to say, "I have dry skin" instead of greasy skin, I miss having dry accutane lips and using them as my excuse to get 100 new lip balms (well, not actually 100), I miss going to dermotologist appointments and looking at my picures before accutane and thinking, "damn, my skin looks so much better now" and I loved my dermotologist so much and I miss joking with her, I miss the feeling of anticipation I get before I take each pill, I miss the compliments of people telling my how much better my skin is looking and how much it has improved, and most of all I miss the safety accutane gave me... when I was on it for those amazing 6 months I didn't have to worry about my skin because I know that accutane was managing my breakouts and there was no need to worry. Now that I'm off of it I feel that the security and confidence accutane gave me in gone to.... I've been having nightmares every night that I wake up in the moring and look in the mirror and all of my acne is back. It is so aful I wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel so defensless against acne and I am so afraid that it will strike again at any time, as if it knows that I don't have the power of accutane to back me up and now I'm a weak and easy target....

When I was on accutane life was the best it had ever been, I was everything that I wanted to be. I never had more confidence in my life, now that I'm off of it I feel as though I've lost me best friend, a best friend that gave me confidence every day... and now that I've lost that friend all of my insecurities are back.

Accutane was the best decision in my life and for anyone who is on it I wanted to say to enjoy it while you can, because if you look at the positives accutane can be one of the best expiriences of your life.

This gave me a new perspective of Accutane. I noticed these things, except I didn't/haven't really embraced them.

My nightmare came true last year. My acne cleared up after three months, but then my mom pulled me off of tane for certain reasons and my acne came back even worse. But don't let this scare you; I only got halfway through, so I didn't complete it.

If I were you, I would ask your derm how you can keep your skin clear post-Accutane.

I'm on my second month of accutane right now and I have to admit I am enjoying not having to wash my hair every single day, but Did your oil come back??? I hope mine doesn't when I get off of accutane because I love my oil free face and hair right now.

@BriannaBanana: Your post almost brings tear to my eyes. I'm on Accutane right now (it has been the third week actually). I appreciate what it has done to my body a lot (never in my life have I been able to stop stupid salesperson at cosmetic counters in the arcade from commenting on how greasy/ oily my skin looks until I take accutane). I totally understand your insecurity when no longer Accutane is right beside you. But girl, be stronger! Psychology itself has significant impacts on your skin condition. That's why you have to escape from your fear for the lack of Accutane, which might somehow weaken the attacks of breakouts.

I LOVE ACCUTANE AS WELL. if accutane does have side effects, i'd rather die early (not too early) than suffer acne throughout my entire life. who cares about dry lips and dry skin. i'd exchange it anyday for greasy skin. if only accutane was working for me now. :'(. i've been so depressed today. all cus of this massive cyst on my nose.

I'm on my second month of accutane right now and I have to admit I am enjoying not having to wash my hair every single day, but Did your oil come back??? I hope mine doesn't when I get off of accutane because I love my oil free face and hair right now.

well. it's been 3 months and my oil is slowly returning... then again, that could be because it's summer and I took accutane in winter making things extra dry and I guess this summer has been less "oily" then other summers... I really am hoping the oil wont return completely to :/

@BriannaBanana: Your post almost brings tear to my eyes. I'm on Accutane right now (it has been the third week actually). I appreciate what it has done to my body a lot (never in my life have I been able to stop stupid salesperson at cosmetic counters in the arcade from commenting on how greasy/ oily my skin looks until I take accutane). I totally understand your insecurity when no longer Accutane is right beside you. But girl, be stronger! Psychology itself has significant impacts on your skin condition. That's why you have to escape from your fear for the lack of Accutane, which might somehow weaken the attacks of breakouts.

it brought tears to my eyes writing it :') I know your right and I've been trying to forget the fact that I was off accutane maybe even tricking my mind to thinking im still on it so my breakouts wont come from anxiety of coming off of accutane... thank you so much for understanding and enjoy your course of accutane! :)

I LOVE ACCUTANE AS WELL. if accutane does have side effects, i'd rather die early (not too early) than suffer acne throughout my entire life. who cares about dry lips and dry skin. i'd exchange it anyday for greasy skin. if only accutane was working for me now. :'(. i've been so depressed today. all cus of this massive cyst on my nose.

I agree with with what you said and I'm glad you are enjoying accutane! And dont worry about your cyst, accutane will take care of it... it took care of all of my cysts :) good luck!