Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyaawhatsupp

Can Oily Skin be Cured?

Just wondering.

My acne is caused by my severely oily skin, and I know one of the only ways to overcome this problem is Accutane. I tried megadosing b5, which didn't help much. And I don't think there are any products that permadently reduce sebum.

Any input is realllllllllly appreciated. (:

You're probably stuck w/ it. Some people have "cured" their oily skin through diet and such. Just gotta deal w/ it.

I wondered the same question, is oily skin curable ?

I'm beginning to think it's down to an individual basis.

I'm gonna try niacin now though, zinc sucked n i cant afford the b5 shabang ugh what a clusterfuck jeez no one else has this stupid fucking problem , sooooo tired of this :(

heyaawhatsupp - didnt you tell me a while back when i was starting the b5 thing and when you were using it, you were oil free - im sure you did.

??? - hows the niacin thing going? im only oily on my face, and just have loads of red marks left after acne - is it helping you so far?

All i can offer in help is something that will kinda make you not get oily as fast, which is something called OC8 (costs £9 here in England) - for example, 5 hours after washing i would usually use 4 full blotting sheets, but with it the OC8 on, i now have to use 2 blotting sheets. Hope that helps.

??? - hows the niacin thing going? im only oily on my face, and just have loads of red marks left after acne - is it helping you so far?

What's up chief ya im only oily on my face too, i aint started niacin yet unfortz i tried to get some in town the other day but to no avail, i'll try one of they vitamin herby shops though n see what they got i'll keep posted on the niacin thread once i start bro.

hey aLeXeLa I wanted to know how do you use the OC-8, its hasnt been helping me at all, Im wondering if Im not putting enough on or not rubbing it in enough or something? DO you use moisturizer before you put it on?

hi lannin - basically, i use my face wash, then acv toner, then the oc8. (i think you do have to put it on after moisturizer though).

In answer to other question, i put quite a few blobs all over face and then rub it all over my skin covering all over.

I know its not a mirical worker, but for me it does kinda help absorb oil for at least a little while longer than before (see my post above, just before your post to see the difference it helps me).

I know it probably isnt the answer you are looking for, but hope it helps.

I see you are a girl, so have you ever decided to take something called spiro (something like that) which is meant to really help with oily skin for girls (guys cant take it, but if theres anything like it for guys to take, and if anyone one wants to give a suggestion if there is something like it, it would really help).

Hey I took something like it called DIane -35 it also blocks androgen. I cant stress how amazing it really was, my skin cleared, no oil, no topicals... but then it started giving me horrible weekly migraines.

Are you on spiro? I'm finally seeing a derm in late oct (6 month waiting list) and cant get prescribed anything but tropicals until then. The minute I get in I'm going to ask about spiro though, because if it does anything close to what Diane did, I will be so happy.

Thanks for your reply, I used the OC-8 on half my face this morning and realized it does actually help, especially when I use it when my face is still a little damp. Its just not the cure all I was hoping for lol.

Sorry I just realized you said you couldn't take it, I guess it makes sense since it would block male hormones. Have you ever tried megadosing on B5? Im a little scared of it but I hear it can really help.

b2 or b6 works a teeny bit..I am taking a skin supplement from Japan and it is supposed to help make the skin smoother and reduce oil. It contains both b2 and b6..my oil has reduced only initially after applying makeup but it doesn't reduce it overall, as my face is still very oily. It did help make my skin feel much smoother though! I'm still taking it.

Yeah I tried b5 and it didnt do anything at all.

I have just found out that roaccutane has changed slightly so it has not got an arachis (peanut) oil coating anymore so i can now take it. (I was meant to go on it a good 2-3 years ago, but couldnt due to my nut allergy).

Therefore I will go to the derm and see if i can take a low dose of it. - whats the lowest dose you can take?

I dont think i need a high dose, and hopefully there will be less side effects with the lower dose.

Anyway good luck and hope the spiro will be beneficial to you.