Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
burnt-toast

how important is cleansing

Hey i think cleanser is really important.. I dont think water alone can help you take away the dirt.. So it's good to use a cleanser.. Try to use something that is mild and gentle on the skin.. Nothing harsh.. ok..

"Dirt" doesnt cause acne .. Just keep on doing what you're doing and focus on the diet instead.

"Dirt", however, can irritate skin. So cleansing to me is very important, yes. Also exfoliating once or twice a week is a good idea for dead skin cells.

"Dirt", however, can irritate skin. So cleansing to me is very important, yes. Also exfoliating once or twice a week is a good idea for dead skin cells.

I agree totally with what she says.. Whether or not you have acne you should keep your skin clean.. Why would anyone like to have dirt on their face....

thanks for the replies! i'm going to start cleansing with this tea tree stuff.

one other thing though, i don't suppose anyone knows how long it takes for something you eat to show up on your face?

I've heard a long time ago that it takes about three weeks for acne to even start to form before it comes up, so before it comes up doesn't mean it was a recent thing. I dunno how true that is though and only read it somewhere. :shrug:

You can do a series of tests eating/drinking a lot of stuff. People do this daily and lots of people found that dairy, glycerin, and fat-filled foods were bad for their skin. Check out the Nutrition and hollistic health forum for more info on diet and acne.

Good luck! ^_^

Cleaning your face is very important, unclogs pores, cleans your face so your pores arent aggravated by dirt and hair