Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fluffy4

im new here ! SUPPORT/HELP FOR CYSTIC ACNE ?!

just joined this site a few minutes ago because i am looking for help/support from other people suffering from cystic acne. some people may say the term suffering is dramatic but obviously they have never dealt with a cystic break out.

okayy so heres my story . . .

im 18 years old and i would say i have had cystic acne for around 8 to 10 months. i had mild break outs when i was youger (14-16) but they were never cystic. i talked to my doctor at the time and she put me on birth conrtol which made me gain some weight but cleared the acne right up. i stopped taking it because . . . well, i dont really remember why but i stopped. My skin seemed to be doing fine but then, its a few months later and im having the worst break out i have ever seen on ANYONE, nevermind myself. I have tried SO many things and am currently taking an anitbiotic and applying face creme that a derm has prescribed but nothing is helping.

It has gotten so bad now that i dont leave my house. i never finished school but i cant go to any type of GED program or anything because im so self concious all the time. i dont even really have any friends anymore because ive devolped such bad social anxiety thanks to my cystic acne. it has caused so many problems in my life its unbelievable. i feel so sad all the time. i used to have so much confidence in myself and my apperance and now, i cant even stand on the front porch without feeling liek the whole world is staring at my acne. i hate it. and its not even like they are whiteheads and can be popped. they are under the skin and to say they hurt like hell would be an understatement.

I came here to acne.org to get help,insight and ,hopefully, an end to my battle with cystic acne. I have so many things to do and accomplish and life but this problem is holding me back. please give help and/or support. Thanks .

hii..im also an acne sufferer you have to try dans regimen i give you 80 percent it will help dans products are amazing..they might make your face red and dry depending on what kinf of skin you have..but it will help if you have any questions im willing to help you...you can email me at [email protected] . good lucjk

hi fluffy,

i too suffer from sever cystic acne. i am a 17 yr old male and my acne has turned cystic in the last 6 months and it sucks. not only does it make me feel like shit about myself but my face really fuckin hurts. but ive found hope in that im starting accutane on this coming monday. hope im clear in 5-6 months

Hey! Welcome to the forums! I also have cystic acne, that gets very severe. Where do you mostly get cysts? If you get many along the jaw and neck, it turns out for many people, including me, it can be caused by eating too much acidic fruit like lemons. There's a lot that you can learn on here, but always remember that acne is a problem that we have to fix on the inside to truly get rid of it. It can be very hard, but you need to find what could be causing your acne and fix the problem.

I wish you much luck!

Hello, fluffy. Welcome to the org. :)

I suffer from cystic acne too. For 4 years now. It has gotten better then bad then better then worst. I know how it feels, physically and emotionally. But don't let it hold you back. It's difficult, but you just have to get on with life. I started suffering this in college, and luckily I found people who don't mind it. Surround yourself with people who are intelligent enough not to judge you based on your appearance. Also, watch what you eat. I heard someone here say that you should "eat like a diabetic," or simply be vigilant about your health. Drink lots of water. :D

Hmmm...birth control pills=no acne, no birth control pills=acne...seems to me that might be the answer which is go back on the pill since apparently you didn't go off the pill for any medical reason that you recall.

By all means try Dan's regimen as it appears to work for many people and don't forget that there are also anitbiotics which work for a lot of people as well.

If you gained weight as a result of the pill, you can incorporate an exercise routine into your lifestyle which will really be a gift to yourself and also help control any weight gain.

Best of luck to you,

Joe Zit