Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

Light Wave CS

So the light came today. The things small, but SUPER BRIGHT!! I called them up about the whole time thing and she said that the amber bulb enables the light to penetrate deeper faster and that the bulbs themselves are just dam powerful, it hurts my eyes even when closed shined directly at them. The instructions say no more than 10 seconds per area, which if effective would be as you all know revolutionary.

My skin is practically clear right now mostly because of my resveratrol intake, but with that alone I was still getting zits now and then, whats different now is that I'm getting a shit load of sun and I know it helps alot! I got this lamp so I'll be able to avoid the sun and maintain this complection. My review might not be very useful to most of you because I'm coming from a state of near clarity, but its been a long road and I think this little device might just be the nail in the coffin. Although I also plan on weening myself off resveratrol, so that should put the light to the test.

So far the company has been very professional and you cant beet there return policy which includes free return shipping. I think that for those interested this is def the light to go for.

Interesting, keep us posted. I checked their website and I don't see anything about the Light Wave CS having an amber bulb. Are you looking at something different than I am?

By the way, I just started treatment with a Caribbean Sunbox about 4-5 days ago after I decided to abandon my Tazorac course which was just destroying my skin. So far so good with the LEDs, I'm definitely breaking out way less, but I need to gave this way more time to decide.

Still, the lowered treatment time of the light you're using is pretty compelling, so if you're seeing good results, then I think my wallet is really going to start hating me :)

Hey Dan, this is what I meant by amber,

"14% Near-Infrared Core at 850nm. Delivering energy deep into the soft tissue of your skin, near-infrared energy works to enhance the effect of both red and blue light, prevent future scarring, minimize current red marks, and leave your skin smooth to the touch. "

I'm glad that the CSB seems to be working, I was going to buy that, but it was sold out everywhere and then I found this from another thread and because I'm interested in all things new and shiny, I'm glad I did. :)

Why did you decide for this product not the CSB? I received my CSB 3 days ago btw. Let the testing begin..

What happens if you overdo it? I do 30 mins morning at night and +10 mins on both of my sides plus I have it 3 times more close to me as it should be,...

From my last post,

"I'm glad that the CSB seems to be working, I was going to buy that, but it was sold out everywhere and then I found this from another thread and because I'm interested in all things new and shiny, I'm glad I did. smile.gif"

In the booklet for my light it says closer is not better and that it must be at least 6 inches away for the rays to converge, but the csb is s much different design so I don't know, but I would just do as it says. There was also a warning against overexposing with a max of 10 seconds per area lest there be damage, but again different design and I'm still skeptical that 10 seconds can really be effective.

From my last post,

"I'm glad that the CSB seems to be working, I was going to buy that, but it was sold out everywhere and then I found this from another thread and because I'm interested in all things new and shiny, I'm glad I did. smile.gif"

In the booklet for my light it says closer is not better and that it must be at least 6 inches away for the rays to converge, but the csb is s much different design so I don't know, but I would just do as it says. There was also a warning against overexposing with a max of 10 seconds per area lest there be damage, but again different design and I'm still skeptical that 10 seconds can really be effective.

Hi. could you give more updates on how you are finding the lightwave CS system? Any visible results?

Just purchased the Lightwave CS, it should be arriving within the next week and a half. Interested in seeing how well this works.

What happens if you overdo it? I do 30 mins morning at night and +10 mins on both of my sides plus I have it 3 times more close to me as it should be,...

Strato,

Something interesting to note is that if blue light therapy is going to work for you, most of the lights will work. Treatment time will vary based on wavelengths, intensity and some other factors, but unless there's something really wonky going on with a light, if blue light therapy WILL work for you, the light itself won't make or break the results.

That being said, its understandable that sometimes the problem isn't in a light, but rather the way its used. There's a general rule in light therapy that goes something like this: "Not enough won't help, enough will produce results, and too much will work against you."

I see that you're zapping yourself for 30 minutes twice a day AND that you've moved your light really close to yourself. It sounds like a lot, but based on the actual light and your personal physiology, it might actually be working for you. Some people can take more light than others and see good results.

However, if you find after the first few days or week that its not helping, or that in fact, things seem to be getting worse, I'd suggest backing off a bit. Follow whatever the directions for your light are, or, if your light doesn't have any, just go to 5 minutes at a reasonable distance (good coverage, but not on top of you) and see if that works any better. Then, if it does, you can start increasing your time by a few minutes every week. If you notice your acne starting to get worse again, then just back it down to when it was last working well for you.

My acne is far too light to compare to a lot of the folks on this board (a good zapping a few times a week keeps my more or less clear), but my sister's is pretty bad. She owns an EnLux Hybrid and started at 5 minutes a day. Once she started seeing good results, she tried to up it to 10 minutes a day and things started getting worse again. So, we advised her to drop back to 5 minutes, and she's been doing fine. And we've heard numerous stories of folks who've tried similar tactics to yours. Too close. Too long. whatever. Much of the time they find that easing off yields far greater results.

All the best!

been using the light for about 45 days now, twice a day for about 10 seconds per area, It takes about a minute. My skin might be a little better, but I haven't experienced any dramatic results yet. Remember my skin was decent to begin with, so I'm not a great guinea pig. Right now I have blackheads on my nose, which aren't too bad but bother me and a weird pimple under my skin on my forehead that has just been chilling dominantly for like 3 weeks now, never had a pimple like this before. Its un-inflamed, really odd. Ive had one pimple come to a head on my chin area about a half inch below my lips, which is where zits piss me off the worst. It came to a head in a day and was not like the cysts I used to get there, but I still have a red mark from it popped over two weeks ago. My skin in that area doesn't like to heal. Will keep using it for the full three months, I think its a good product but am worried that the makers might have gotten ahead of themselves with the whole 6 seconds per area claim.

Hi,

I bought one about 6 weeks ago and have been using it for about 5 weeks. It *seems* (but the period is not long enough) that my acne has improved a little bit, but I'm still getting some now and then. But at least one thing that I'm almost certain about (while still need to confirm on a longer period) is that my acne doesn't hurt as much as before. Often I would get painful zits, and feeling the pain added to the discomfort of acne, because even when you don't see it on your face, you can feel it and it makes you feel uncomfortable when with other people. So at least I don't "feel" those few zits anymore and I think it helps a little bit to be more confident.

SO ive got a pretty bad cyst like pimple on my cheek bone, but thats about it. Not sure what brought it out, but things thaty have changed are: a different resveeratrol, increased sexual activity ;), and oh wait, thats about it.

Been a lil over two months now, twice a day.

This product has not worked for me as my acne has gone from mild to moderate/severe. My face has NEVER looked anywhere near this bad. There have been several days where I have not wanted to go to work. Afterwards, I started to test the light on one side of my face, and people unanimously agreed that side looked significantly worse. I have since had to go on an antibiotic, which has been a financial burden because I no longer have benefits. I initially had high hopes, but I will now be sending this product back this week.

That's crazy to spend that much money, I would imagine you would have to pay to ship it back? Acnederm has a blue light for $29.

I use it and it works for me. The only thing that I have noticed is you have to exfoliate your skin with a scrub in order for the light to work good, and I would bet that is the same for all the lights. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin that can harbor bacteria.