Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

What helps fat metabolism?

I want to now what people can do by changing their lifestyle and diet to correct fat metabolism and eliminate taking B5 as a supplement? Or is it natural that our fat metabolism will be poor through puberty/our lives and we have to take supplements?

are you asking for supplements?

acetyl l-carnitine will burn your body fat for fuel, but you should add alpha lipoic acid (or NA or K stabilized R-lipoic acid) to deal with the oxidation from fat burning caused by the carnitine. However, you'd also have to add some biotin as well, if you're going to add ALA, as ALA will deplete biotin.

It don't mean burning body fat, I mean properly breaking down the dietary fats you eat. Thats why I can't find good info on this because all google search brings up is fricken' miracle cures for lazy obese people.

These supplements also help:

digestive enzymes with lipase

milk thistle or artichoke extract (for bile flow)

maybe taurine

Why do you think you aren't digesting fat properly?

These supplements also help:

digestive enzymes with lipase

milk thistle or artichoke extract (for bile flow)

maybe taurine

Why do you think you aren't digesting fat properly?

Well that is what B5 improves, and B5 is successful for so many people. I also seem to clear up on a low fat diet.

The sulfur containing amino acids, cysteine and methionine. Or taurine which is made from them. MSM and SAMe are some supplements.

Or you can try plenty of sulfur containing veggies. Try green smoothies, curries, stir frys with plenty of onions, garlic, broccoli, spinach, tumeric, etc.

Did you ever find any of the old threads from a couple of years ago by people on low fat diets improving acne? I gave up. Otherwise they would be in my lists.

I do have this study which indicates low fat diet elevates SHBG levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3558725?dopt=Abstract

I know this is an old comment thread, but just ran across it and wanted to add my two cents.

From my personal battle with acne (I'm 44 and just had another bad episode of cystic acne), I am completely learning towards an inability to break down fats as to one of the things that triggers my breakouts. I've known for years now that nuts are a trigger for me, but lately I've been suspecting coconut based products and avocados as well. This last episode I had came a week after I had quite a large amount of avocados, and wow, I haven't had a cystic acne breakout like that in years!

So yeah, I think there is something to faulty fat metabolism and acne. Not sure what is supposed to be done about it other than avoid foods that trigger breakouts at this point, but I do think it's one of the main culprits.