Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi!

this is my first post but i am an avid reader of these boards. I have been on Diane 35 for 7 months and at first showed some sign of improvement within the first 3 months but my skin has stayed the same ever since. I have no large pimples or cysts but lots of smaller acne in my chin and my forehead has many skin coloured bumps that will not budge. Anyone who has been on Diane 35 or has experience with birth control and acne, should i stay on or switch to yasmin? i am going to ask my gp for spironolactone. Do you think my skin will continue to improve on Diane 35 when i havent seen much improvment in the last 3 months at all? it seems like diane 35 works for most people. my acne is mild yet persistant. Thanks!!!

Hi!

this is my first post but i am an avid reader of these boards. I have been on Diane 35 for 7 months and at first showed some sign of improvement within the first 3 months but my skin has stayed the same ever since. I have no large pimples or cysts but lots of smaller acne in my chin and my forehead has many skin coloured bumps that will not budge. Anyone who has been on Diane 35 or has experience with birth control and acne, should i stay on or switch to yasmin? i am going to ask my gp for spironolactone. Do you think my skin will continue to improve on Diane 35 when i havent seen much improvment in the last 3 months at all? it seems like diane 35 works for most people. my acne is mild yet persistant. Thanks!!!

ya i know exactly what you mean, your skin isnt smooth and you still get white heads....well i can tell you the red marks go away after a while, they are sort of like stains from old large pimples...i just started spiro too and am trying that, i havent noticed any difference though yet, but its still way too early to tell. Im looking for some other white heads treatments and maybe using dandruff shampoo to help my tiny little bumps.

Sry i dont have any concrete solution to your question, I can only relate :) but i still look at my face a MUCH improved from the acne I had before and nothing else worked.

PS also, when it comes to treating acne in a strong way, Diane can't be beat, i dont think. Anything else probably wont work as strong, (when it comes to BCP)

Thanks for the reply! The dandruff shampoo idea sounds interesting i will look into it. Im kind of glad someone replied it seems everywhere i read everyone who uses diane 35 has "flawless" skin and its anoying that its not working in my case. My doctor did nt want to give me spiro so i am doing diane for another 3 months just to see if it works. blah . let me know if the spiro works? thanks again