Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do realize it is better to be safe than sorry so i do put sunscreen on when I know ill be in the sun at some point of the day now that I am on accutane.

But yesterday at my 1 month check up i forgot to ask this question:

I know minocycline is supposed to make you sensitive to the sun, but I had basically lived in the sun while on that, even tanning at the pool and experiences no effects from that.(Was not wearing sun screen at the time either)

So in relation to accutane, does everyone experience sun sensitivity?

I do realize it is better to be safe than sorry so i do put sunscreen on when I know ill be in the sun at some point of the day now that I am on accutane.

But yesterday at my 1 month check up i forgot to ask this question:

I know minocycline is supposed to make you sensitive to the sun, but I had basically lived in the sun while on that, even tanning at the pool and experiences no effects from that.(Was not wearing sun screen at the time either)

So in relation to accutane, does everyone experience sun sensitivity?

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but someone on this board posted a while ago that accutane doesn't actually make you sensitive to the sun, but you really have to avoid burning because it takes your skin so long to heal. Confirm or deny anyone?

For me personally, I have definitely been tanning this summer. I have not burned anywhere on my body (no SPF) and I wear SPF 15 on my face. The sun has really helped even out the skintone on my face, so I have no complaints.

Sun damage does not show up until about twenty years later. You're welcome to do what you like with your skin, but even if you don't overtly burn you may be increasing your chances of developing skin cancer when you're forty. Seem like a long way off? Sure is, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hey, I totally hear you on that. Sometimes I do worry about skin cancer, but in the end I just can't worry about every bad thing that could possibly happen (if I did, I could never be on accutane).