Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkling

Tiny Ice Pick Scars

Hey y'all!

I'm on Accutane right now (my acne is crazy right now) and I've been scarring for around 5 months. I have many tiny ice picks scars (1mm-2mm); they're like perfect needle prick holes on the surface. A single one isn't really noticeable by itself, but you can definitely notice the ones that are grouped together (the areas where I have major active acne).

If they are that small, could they heal enough to look like they're gone?

Are there any safe and effective treatments (like creams or supplements) for these types of small scars?

Thanks a lot! :D

accutnae does thin the skin and takes months to rebuild so it shoudl get better,

less than 1mm would that be enlarged pores not scars

accutnae does thin the skin and takes months to rebuild so it shoudl get better,

less than 1mm would that be enlarged pores not scars

There was a time when I would skin pick pretty aggressively. Oxidized whiteheads and blackheads left these tiny holes sometimes when I forced them out...

I have enlarged pores beside my nose, but these tiny ice pick scars are all around the cheek area and not only. There aren't loads and they are in random places.

if you have pic let me see, i think they be enalged pores

I can't get a hold of one right now, sorry =(

Regardless, they are definitely not enlarged pores. I'm positive they are small on-the-surface ice pick scars, and I'd really, really like to find a safe and appropriate treatment =)

are they red or normal color, if red they are scars ,if not red they are just enlarged pores.

so only worry about the red ones, really for that tca cross and fraxel, excsion/orgraft are options

If she says they are scars then for the sake of argument lets assume. Tca cross is helpful for icepicks I got a kit for 50 on ebay but havent used it yet. Same as this http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.ph...p;products_id=9

I'm quite a newbie to the whole scar section, but your post really enlightened me! TCA Cross looks very ideal for when I'll be able to treat my scars.

Hopefully this won't sound silly, but is there a difference between TCA Peel and TCA Cross? I also can't find the meaning of "TCA".

Thanks bunches!

Yea I am too somewhat. Id assume if you exfoliated alot then they would probably heal on their own eventually. Ive been using a microdermabrasion cloth ($10) and its been awesome for my overall complexion and seems to be helping smooth out some of the small scars. You need to make a decision how i quickly you want it fixed. IMO if you have a few small ice picks its nothing to worry about. I doubt most people will notice and if they do they probably wouldn't care. But if its something you really want to take care of, TCA is supposed to work very well for icepicks. Search the forums for more threads. TCA cross is http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-acne4.shtml very different from a TCA peel as you will be using 100% strength TCA and dipping a toothpick into the scar so only the damaged tissue receives the acid. Theres more too it, I highly reccomend you do more research. Good luck :)

Sounds mild. There are gentle non-ablative laser treatments that you can do to smooth skin texture and tighten pores. Contact a laser spa. They are generally between $100-$200.

For larger icepick and boxcar scarring, lasers will not remove those. The only way to get rid of those is by doing punch excision. That's where they literally cut out the area around the scar and stitch it back together. Your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can perform it easily for about $50 per punch. You can do more invasive laser treatments afterward combined with subscision to smooth out rolling scars and scarring from punch excisions, if any.

Good luck.

I should add that I've done several PCA chemical peels. those really seem to help smooth out light surface scarring and they cost anywhere from $50-$150 depending on where you go to get them done.