Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Approximately how long does it take for the adrenals to go back to normal after consistent stress? Lets say a scenario over 6 months i.e. school, work, finals etc....

If you find articles on this, can ya'll link me? Thanks.

Holly, I remember your post from before... I think your situation is kind of complex so your question is difficult to answer. If I were you, I would get a saliva cortisol test (4 samples in a day) to see where your cortisol levels are. (You can get this through www.canaryclub.org.)

Approximately how long does it take for the adrenals to go back to normal after consistent stress? Lets say a scenario over 6 months i.e. school, work, finals etc....

If you find articles on this, can ya'll link me? Thanks.

The body has an innate ability to heal itself; provided you reduce your stresses, eliminate any foods which may be causing your stress (refined carbs for instance or food allergies/intolerances) and maintain a good healthy diet/lifestyle (and possibly a supplement regimen if necessary), it shouldn't take too long. I'm hesitant to give you an exact time-frame though because it is a complex problem and everyone is different.

I think the easiest and most effective thing you can do though, is to clean up your diet. Find out what gives you energy and makes you feel well long-term and stick to it. You'd be amazed at what your "ideal diet" can do for you once you figure it out.