Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modeldude69

How long should it take for a cyst to go away after derm drains it?

I had a pea sized cyst zit right above my lip for 9 days and yesterday I had a derm appt and she drained it...i've never had any past experience with this sort of thing...she said alot of stuff came out and it is def smaller today no doubt but it is still raised and hasnt gone away...last night some more blood came out of it but no more pus or anything...in your experience how long should one of these hang around once the derm drains it?

Why is your dermatologist not prescribing your accutane, rather than messing around with your transient and repetitious pustules?

You should try other things before you take accutane. I've never had a cyst drained, just cortisone injection. The injection sounds like it would be a lot more pleasant, as there wasn't any bleeding after I left the office and my cyst flattened within 24 hours. I would give it another couple of days, and if it still hasn't gone down you might want to think about getting a cortisone injection...