Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poppy1989

Ending of the treatment!

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 and since I'm 15 I've had pimples on the chin, only there. I've been following the treatment recommended by Dan for a week now and I surely see some improvements! I have less pimples and even my scars are disapearing!

I just wanted to know when to stop the treatment? When your skin is clear? Or longer than that because if you stop it might come back directly? What do you know about this?

Waiting for your advice and opinion!

Thanks

Probably continue it a month after you're satisfied with your skin, then stop with the BP, try and wean yourself off it by using it maybe once every 2 days, then 3 days, then 4, and so on etc until it's weekly. Then not at all, but you should carry on washing your face with the cleanser you're using and your moisturizing for the rest of your life really.

Some people have to continue with it indefinitely for maintenance. If I stop using BP I slowly but steadily start to break out again. I continue with the regimen as a preventative, even though I'm clear.