Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_polka234

Differin, BP, and Doxycyclin Log

Went to the derm on saturday. it is now Tuesday.

On saturday, I had like 3 zits, not too bad. But that night I used Differin. The next morning I started Doxycyclin also. Two days later (yesterday/monday) I had worse acne, 6 zits. Today I have 8. So yeah, is this the intial breakout? I hope so otherwise Its gonna get worse? Kinda soon for an IB.

Basically they are mostly pink bumps that hurt. I mean no heads, just largish lumps. A few whiteheads/bumps between eyes and around nose.

I heard here it would take 3 or more months. School starts next month. i really don't wanna look bad or my self esteem is history.

On the bright side, my skin is significantly less oily. And less oily means less acne! I had two snickers yesterday, so my no sugar thing isn't working too well.

Neutrogena moisturizer is a bit greasy, but when it absorbs it is fine. I definitly reccomend it.

Current Regimen:

Triaz BP wash

Neutrogena Daily Moisturizer SPF 45

Doxycyclin

Night:

Triaz Wash

Differin 0.3

Doxycyclin

As you can see, I don't use too too much stuff. I don't know how well Differin will work, I'm not too thrilled about waiting 3-6 months either. I haven't seen any improvement but I know people who use it long term often get clear. I'm not gonna give up untill 3 months at least. Plus I have antibiotics to help... (haven't noticed any difference)

Factors:

wash pillowcase every week, sleep enough, no makeup, less sugar, exercise four times a week, drink 5-8 glasses of water a day.

Wait: miscount. I went to the derm on the tenth. SO it is day 5.

Yesterday I ate cheesecake one slice.

Started the day with three doughnuts! I know, bad idea. But today my skin looks better. It burned to use my Triaz today, but lots of people had this when using Differin. I only have 6 lumps. Yay!!! (sarcasm) and my skin is a little oily. But thanks to scarring, in the normal light (not bathroom lighting) it looks like I have more acne than I do because of my brown spots. It really stinks because I am tan.

I haven't had the dreaded Initial Breakout, but then again I may not get it until week two or three. It really sucks if it lasts a month like some do, but it may last only a week. We'll see. I have a month before school so if I get the IB it will really look bad.

I've been using Differin since last October and I started seeing results within the first month or two. I'de say it helped my skin more then any other product i've used. What's you're skin like?

Thanks^

I have very oily skin. Sometimes its so oily it has a thin shiny FILM on it. <Only around my period and at the end of the day. Usually it's just shiny around my t zone, but it feels oily all over.

I may start making this a weekly log after my IB. Just because I hear it takes a long time. But just to keep track I'll keep posting.

Yay! My lumps are now flatenned. It's really weird. Unfortunately I still have brown spots on them and everywhere else. I don't know why, I've never really had scarring/hyperpigmentation before. It just started since last month or so. not pretty.

Minocycline works LOADS better than Doxy.

As far as topicals, Differen didn't make much of a difference for my cystic. But Tazorac gel does! It's a newer medicine. And it works wonders for exfoliation. Not that flaky dry exfoliation, though. It comes off in one soft rolling sheet, revealing soft smooth skin underneath. Also works amazingly well as a spot treatment.

As far as oily skin, do yourself a favor and use an oil absorbing moisturizer. A lot of acne is a vicious cycle - you strip it out with medications and it gets dry. Your face will produce more oil to overcompensate for the dryness. Then you end up with flaky dry and oily skin, your pores get clogged up with dead skin cells, then you manually exfoliate to get the dead skin off only to make your tender face even more raw, prone to whitehead breakouts.

Ugh, how frustrating.

Use those Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets (find at any grocery store) and check out Sephora for several oil-absorbing moisturizers to keep your skin HYDRATED, not oily.

Thanks...but I get what I'm prescibed and it's working so far.

Lumps are still pink and hurt to touch, but much smaller and less noticeable. I'm down to five. However bumps are appearing which means its working I think!

Thanks...but I get what I'm prescibed and it's working so far.

Lumps are still pink and hurt to touch, but much smaller and less noticeable. I'm down to five. However bumps are appearing which means its working I think!

I have a question about differin. Are you supposeed to put it all over your face or only on your acne?

I apply on my acne prone areas. Not a spot treatment though.

And now I have small little pimples as well as a bunch of whiteheads and bumps. Crap its ib time.

and my large lumps are hurting again and I think there's more...:(