Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vincent8888

Treatment for PIH after fractional CO2 laser

I am Chinese and have done fractional CO2 laser for three times. Some improvements on my acne scar in the first two times with about 1 weeks downtime after treatment. However, I have serious hyperpigmnetation after the third CO2 laser in 23 May 09. There are now some square brown/red spots in my face. The laser in the third treatment is stronger.

I started to have Hydroquinone from the 3rd week and have one IPL on 4 Jul 09. It has been 8 weeks over and my PIH has been improved by about 20-30% only.

Is there any suggestions to reduce the PIH as soon as possible?

1. IPL for few more times

2. 20% AHA peels for 5 times in 5weeks

3. Blue peel 10-15% two times in 2 months

4. Fraxel repair to make my PIH more even

5. any other good methods?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not too sure when it comes to lasers and stuff since I've never tried them. However, I am an Asian also, and I've had a similar hyperpigmentation problem like you from doing chemical peels. I've done several chemical peels and it seemed like they were really helping. However, things went downhill real fast when I did my last chemical peel (around May). It was 18.0% TCA Peel and it got rid of lots of acne and 20-30% of my marks but then as days went by I started to notice a very noticeable patch of hyperpigmentation on both sides of my face. I wasnt the most happiest man after that for a while lol. So I wouldn't recommend doing any chemical peels from my experience. I've heard few other asians getting hyperpigmentation from lasers like fraxel + peels as well. I'm staying off those and doing just topical treatments such as kojic acid + arbutin. I'm seeing results (about 3-4 weeks in) so I hope by month 2, I'll see a drastic change.

Oh, by the way, I've heard IPL is good for hyperpigmentations and few other lasers that I can't think of right now. I've never tried to delve too deep about lasers, seeing that I won't be able to afford them any time soon. Just ask your derm for more info on lasers.