Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda1234

Scars after Accutane *PIC INSIDE!!!*

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to announce that after the completion of accutane in late March, I haven't had a single break out. However, accutane has left scars on my cheeks (as you can tell from the pic!). Its even worse when in the light and with no make up.

I know you're supposed to wait a year before doing laser on the face, but what can I do in the meantime???? Are my scars ice-pick scars????

Thank you for all your help!!!

post-83160-1247562651_thumb.jpg

post-83160-1247562651_thumb.jpg

I am confused by what people mean when they say accutane left them with scars, surely the acne left you with scars? I was never on accutane and still scarred so why are people so sure that accutane did something that would not have happened anyway?

Not having a go at you just curious.

Well, during the first couple of months, the pills made me break out REALLY bad, worse than ever before. Once the break out went away, I was left with those scars.

Oh right, that sucks but on the plus side your scarring is very mild and I would be quite sure that you could get rid of most of with without laser treatment which can be very hit and miss and which is always very expensive.

I would read up on threads here concerning dermarolling, tyoe "ok guys" into the search fucntion and check out lammar's thread. With your shallow scarring you should be able to sort it out yourself at a cost of a few hundred pounds - you have every reason to be optimistic!!

Good luck!

Definitely not ice picks.

I would highly recommend you just ride it out for a year. If you jump the gun and do something too soon, you could make your skin even worse because Accutane can affect healing.

Anyway, I'm relieved to see another woman on this board with scars. Seems like most of the people here are guys. Not that I mind. Just makes me feel like I'm abnormal or something. So, hi! :)

Wow thanks guys! You are all so great! I will wait a year before doing anything. but in the meantime, is there anything that helps heal it a bit? Certain vitamins or drinking a lot of water????

Definitely not ice picks.

I would highly recommend you just ride it out for a year. If you jump the gun and do something too soon, you could make your skin even worse because Accutane can affect healing.

Anyway, I'm relieved to see another woman on this board with scars. Seems like most of the people here are guys. Not that I mind. Just makes me feel like I'm abnormal or something. So, hi! :)

Hi Minty! I'm glad I'm not the only one! What make up do you wear to cover the scars?

I think my scars are probably deeper than yours, but it's really hard to cover them with makeup. But I bet in most lighting people can't even see them.

A lot of people in the makeup forum mention Smashbox primer, but I haven't tried it myself. Personally, I really like "Vitamin C Skin Boost" from The Body Shop which (I just checked) has many of the same ingredients as the Smashbox primer. :)

Just put it on before you apply your makeup and you might find it helps to fill in some of the dents. :)

Yes, acne is the reason why there are scars. But accutane just make it worse due to poor wound healing while you are on it. And we all know that not all pimple transform into scar, but it seems like every single pimple will turn into scar while we are on accutane once the pimple disappear. Anyway threadstarter, I have the same kind of scars as you. Kinda frustrating.

I have tried the Smashbox primer and I do not see any difference. :confused:

In the sun and in certain lighting, the holes in the skin are SO noticeable. It's so frustrating, I don't know what to do. :( It's mostly my cheeks that are most affected...My chin and forehead are fine.

I have tried the Smashbox primer and I do not see any difference. :confused:

In the sun and in certain lighting, the holes in the skin are SO noticeable. It's so frustrating, I don't know what to do. :( It's mostly my cheeks that are most affected...My chin and forehead are fine.

Same problem here my scars are only on my cheeks too!!! Erm not to burst your bubble, but scars are noticeable all the time, unless its pitch black lol.