Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm beyond frustrated. I've literally tried EVERYTHING on the market: birth control, antibiotics, LED treatments, chem. peels. NOTHING works. Now i'm currently using YAZ, clindimycin, and 5% BP (generic Duac) as well as glycolic peels once every two weeks.

It's getting ridiculously expensive to keep up this regimen. And i wonder, has anyone experimented with low dose accutane? like 10mg for an extended period of time? is it worth it? i can't get over the horror stories...

I hear you.. I've tried everything you have (except of course birth control, which i think i should, just to give it a shot) In all seriousness, if you read my posts youll find out that today is my 28th day of accutane 20mgs/day and my skins just gotten worse (from mild but persistent acne to a lot of acne, 10 pimples total right now)

I'm hangin in there and see how this goes and if it brings any positive results.. Ill keep you posted!

My acne went from moderate to light thanks to antibiotics and BC but my oil is out of control and I also realize that I cant take antibiotics forever. So I talk to my derm about a low dose course to help my persistent acne and disgusting oily skin.

She agreed that I would benefit from a low dose course. So I'm on my way. I took a pregnancy test and received my iPlegd package in the mail. I'm getting my blood work done tomorrow and will be starting a low dose course hopefully in about 30 days.

We discussed 10mgs daily for 5 to 6 months. Since my acne is light I thought maybe even doing 5mgs to start. Really my main concern is this fucking oil. Its soooo bad I cant stand it anymore.

I will be starting a log on my accutane treatment soooo if your interested keep an eye out.

As far as long term IDK. My derm said that 5 to 6 months is what she thinks would work great and if it comes back we could always do a second course, but seeing that I'm very tiny she doest think it would be necessary.