Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VanGogh

New Member - Just ordered THE Regimen.

Just ordered the Acne.org Regimen, about 5 minutes ago, as well as the AHA+ and Jojoba oil. Have tried prescription medications and had very good results using them, but have not been to a dermatologist for many years and, quite frankly, it is quite bothersome doing so. I have also tried Proactiv, and achieved good results with it. But, I think it is time to try something new. I went on this website years ago but never bought any of the products.

I will give these products a try and see how they do. I like how they seem easy to use. I get irritated when having to use the 2nd step of Proactiv - having to grab a cotton ball/pad and apply the Salicylic Acid to my face. Also, Proactiv advises to only use certain portions of each step - SMALL portions. I like that this regimen does not advice in such ways. In the 3rd step of Proactiv, the benzoyl peroxide lotion, they recommend using only a pea-sized portion. I always thought that to be ridiculous and would always use much more, as I believed moisturizing and benzoyl peroxide to be a very important part when treating skin with acne. In addition, the size of the Proactiv bottles are far too small and I find myself running out and having to order more before the 2 months, which the supply is suppose to last, is up.

However, with the Acne.org regimen, it is clearly recommended to use generous amounts of benzoyl peroxide and of the moisturizer.

I am excited to receive my first supply. :dance:

Thanks,

Van

Good Luck on the Regimen...it works great. Jus make sure u follow instructions exact. Start with a small amount of BP and increase every week or so..until your skin adjusts to the full 2 pumps. Be gentle and avoid irritation.

Dan's videos are alot of help wen first starting out

Good Luck on the Regimen...it works great. Jus make sure u follow instructions exact. Start with a small amount of BP and increase every week or so..until your skin adjusts to the full 2 pumps. Be gentle and avoid irritation.

Dan's videos are alot of help wen first starting out

When Dan says to follow the regimen to the letter, he means it! I would watch the "regimen week 1" videos a few times to really get the application technique down. Also, it may be tempting but dont rub dont rub dont rub!

lol - Good Luck :D

Please keep in mind that you shouldn't add the AHA into The Regimen until you've been on it for at least a month, and your skin has adjusted to the full two pumps of BP.

Good luck with The Regimen!

Please keep in mind that you shouldn't add the AHA into The Regimen until you've been on it for at least a month, and your skin has adjusted to the full two pumps of BP.

Good luck with The Regimen!

Thanks for the advice, and I love your post about why you're so frustrated.

I get pretty annoyed at errors such as those, too.

Ohhh - I also like the Catbus/Nekobus avatar from, My Neighbor Totoro. :clap:

Thank you for all of the great advice. I was unaware that I should not start out with 2 full pumps.

Nor was I aware that I shouldn't start with using the AHA+ right away.

I'll watch the videos and will try to follow the steps to a T.

I hope that this Regimen works as well for me as it seems to for others.

Personally for me, if I do two pumps, it feels like I have to rub it in for 10 minutes. I have been doing the regimen for about one year, and I only use 3/4 of a pump of the BP and my acne has stayed away.

Yeah, it's very important to read the instructions and whatnot before starting The Regimen.

Read these before you start:

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

Awesome! That will definitely save me the trouble from finding the videos myself. Thanks.

Yeah, it's very important to read the instructions and whatnot before starting The Regimen.

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

Thanks, good to know that a smaller amount of BP could work fine too. It would help stretch it out to last further too.

As far as using less than the recommended two pumps of BP goes, it's best to follow the instructions to a T until you're staying consistently clear (meaning that you should work your way up to and use the full two pumps).

Once you're staying clear, though, which may take a few months, you can try gradually decreasing the amount of BP you're using over a period of weeks--basically, it would be like when you increased the BP, only in reverse. You'd go from the full two pumps to a pump and a half for a week or so, and if you still stayed clear, you could try moving down to just one pump for a week or so, etc. That way, you can find the minimum amount of BP you'll need to stay clear.

Initially, though, you'll want to follow Dan's instructions. He wrote them for a reason. ; )

Good luck to you, and keep us all updated on your progress, okay?

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

Awesome! That will definitely save me the trouble from finding the videos myself. Thanks.

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

Thanks, good to know that a smaller amount of BP could work fine too. It would help stretch it out to last further too.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I just got it in the mail today and am pretty excited to try it out tonight. I will watch the videos and read the instructions as well.

Thanks again, for the great tips.

Hey Van!

I'm going to get back to you about your email - I want to do a little research (I'm also a librarian) and I'm going to definitely help you out!

As for starting the regimen - do it slowly - don't rush - I had been using the regimen for a year - when I realized that I wasn't letting my skin dry long enough in between steps - which was causing me to plug my pores and cause some irritation!? Took me a year to realize that - after I had watched some of the videos on here.

Check out the Daily Videos http://www.acne.org/blog/category/daily-video-blog/

there are lots of good info in them - I've been back tracking through the older videos that I missed and have been learning (and enjoying) them alot! (unless you've already seen them!)

I will email you back!

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

-The and the .

-The .

-The .

-The .

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I just got it in the mail today and am pretty excited to try it out tonight. I will watch the videos and read the instructions as well.

Thanks again, for the great tips.

Thanks for all of the great advice.

Hey Van!

I'm going to get back to you about your email - I want to do a little research (I'm also a librarian) and I'm going to definitely help you out!

As for starting the regimen - do it slowly - don't rush - I had been using the regimen for a year - when I realized that I wasn't letting my skin dry long enough in between steps - which was causing me to plug my pores and cause some irritation!? Took me a year to realize that - after I had watched some of the videos on here.

Check out the Daily Videos http://www.acne.org/blog/category/daily-video-blog/

there are lots of good info in them - I've been back tracking through the older videos that I missed and have been learning (and enjoying) them alot! (unless you've already seen them!)

I will email you back!

Thanks for the advice, Katmae :)

I will definitely be taking my time when doing the Regimen. Actually waiting for my face to dry right now, after using the cleanser, before I move to the BP. I like to come on this site and look around for more info/tips while in between steps.

And, thanks again on being some eager to help with the other issue.