Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agentcake

Ginger For Hypopigmented Scars

Can anyone attest that using fresh ginger works to heal/return pigment to hypopigmented scars? I was doing a search on hypopigmented scars (not necessarily caused by acne) and found a peculiar blog about how "passing over" fresh ginger onto hypopigmented scars will heal them - that this will return basically full pigment in 1 - 6 months.

Some quotes from the blog are:

I was referred by a friend to an old Chinese man who practices alternative medicine from his home. He told me to start using the juice of fresh ginger roots on my vitiligo.

Buy fresh ginger roots. Go home and wash the roots to rinse off soil and chemicals. Cut off a slice of the root and pass it over the discolored areas. Do not rub! When that slice dries out, cut another slice and do the same thing again. Do that everyday. Don't forget. You can also do it a couple of times a day. You DO NOT need to go out in the sun. You DO NOT need the ultraviolet sessions. You can QUIT everything else you're using.

(...)A healthy cell has to communicate with a neighbor discolored cell and 'tell it' to begin producing melanin. But the ginger roots have some type of property that 'teaches' the cells to begin producing melanin SPONTANEOUSLY, from inside out.

Can anyone attest that using fresh ginger works to heal/return pigment to hypopigmented scars? I was doing a search on hypopigmented scars (not necessarily caused by acne) and found a peculiar blog about how "passing over" fresh ginger onto hypopigmented scars will heal them - that this will return basically full pigment in 1 - 6 months.

Some quotes from the blog are:

I was referred by a friend to an old Chinese man who practices alternative medicine from his home. He told me to start using the juice of fresh ginger roots on my vitiligo.

Buy fresh ginger roots. Go home and wash the roots to rinse off soil and chemicals. Cut off a slice of the root and pass it over the discolored areas. Do not rub! When that slice dries out, cut another slice and do the same thing again. Do that everyday. Don't forget. You can also do it a couple of times a day. You DO NOT need to go out in the sun. You DO NOT need the ultraviolet sessions. You can QUIT everything else you're using.

(...)A healthy cell has to communicate with a neighbor discolored cell and 'tell it' to begin producing melanin. But the ginger roots have some type of property that 'teaches' the cells to begin producing melanin SPONTANEOUSLY, from inside out.

The entire blog's 5 entries are devoted to this specific topic (ginger for hypopigmentation) and is written sort of gimmicky... I can't find anything relating ginger root to hypopigmenteation specifically from Google, other than that blog. The closest thing I found is that ginger root is a treatment option for a type of eczema called Seborrheic eczema.

.. However I don't think someone would go at great lengths to make something this obscure up, especially if it didn't work. There's nothing for sale on the blog and I can't see how the author would make any profilt.

I'm about to try this on a hypopigmented scar I've had for a few years now, but wanted to know what some of you think. It wouldn't suprise me if works greatly and is hardly known at all, seeing as fresh ginger root basically costs nothing (versus in the medical world) and no big companies can make a profit from its sale.

Also the site's quotes mention to use the juice of fresh ginger, but then says to simply "pass" a slice of ginger over the scar until it dries (not rub). I'm not quite sure what that means... Pass over? Like, set a slice of ginger on the scar and wait for it to dry? Maybe I should just try squeezing a little fresh ginger juice on the scar, it seems like it may be more effective. I may try alternating between the two.

I found that also, and I started doing it four days ago. (It can't hurt.) Maybe we can post updates monthly. Thanks!

I found that also, and I started doing it four days ago. (It can't hurt.) Maybe we can post updates monthly. Thanks!

I've been doing it twice a day with 2-4 slices of ginger since I made that post; I only missed 2 days but I'm not thinking that'll make a difference. My hypopigmented scar is contrasted somewhat dramatically so I think that it'll probably take a little bit longer than the 1 month to notice a difference in my case. I'll keep updating.

Ancient thread I know, anybody had any success with this?

I have a lot of white hypopigmented dots on my chest, I just started using ginger today, I'm going to rub it on 3 times per day.

Quite annoying as I basically stay totally clear now, and after suffering from acne for the past 18 years, my chest was totally clear until last year when I tried the paleo diet, which eventually gave me really nasty painful spots all over my chest, REALLY painful spots. I figured out that coconut was 100% directly responsible, I was eating a lot of coconut every day for months, when I stopped, so did the acne.

It took a long time to pinpoint coconut as the cause because I'm sure you have al read about how great coconut is for the skin right?

Well it turns my skin into a battle field, and on researching, I found out that p.acne bacteria feed on medium chain triglycerides, the fat that is abundant in coconut.

Anyway, anybody any success with raw ginger juice?

I'm going to update this thread so any future searching can find a record of someone trying it.

Here's what I'm dealing with, I'll post a first followup pic in about a month.

9VTh5w2.jpg

Or anybody any other tips on how to deal with these white scars?