Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i thought i would post some pics of terrible acne problem that i cant not seem to get rid of. It has been getting a little worse forming more and more whiteheads and spreading on my nose worse. I was combating this and acne all over my chin, but now my chin and jawline area is pretty much clear, except for two tiny ones on chin. Like i said i have tried and been on everything, diet changes, workout changes, topicals, oral, u name it. Currently my regime consists of morining shower wash of Clean and Clear 10% BP continuos ctrl followed by cetaphil moisturizer. I got back on the 10% BP because this is the face was i used over 2 years ago for about a year and hardly ever had a break out. This area under my eyes and on cheek has never been broken out before and has been like this for 6+ months now. Oh and my doc prescribed me minocycline which worked in the beginning but now it seems my body is rejecting it. I read about the NIACIN yesterday and picked up some yesterday the spring valley no flush 500mg from walmart. I am hoping that works. Another thing im thinking about doing is going to the tanning bed for the first time ever in my life, maybe that will dry it up and get rid of them for good. I am desperate and need any help or advice that someone out there has something similiar to me that worked for them. This shit keeps me depressed everyday of my life and im tired of not being able to be myself and go out confident like i use to be able to. Anyway here are my horrible pics of what plagues my life everyday i get up. The pictures are not the best quality from phone and really dont give them justice it looks much worse than that in person to me.

post-104326-1247531614_thumb.jpg

post-104326-1247531655_thumb.jpg

post-104326-1247531614_thumb.jpg

post-104326-1247531655_thumb.jpg

Wow dude. i swear your acne is not even bad.

To me , (i don't know if its cause of the quality of your phone) it looks like a sunburn or a allergic reaction. maybe cause its summer? seasonal allergies?

i see a couple of whiteheads but you don't even have any cysts.( YOUR PRETTY LUCKY lol)

if your depressed about your acne. go browse this website for others with severe cystic acne.

your going to feel pretty lucky with you have.

since nothing really has worked for me on whiteheads sorry can't help you with that, but i would recommend aloe vera or something to ease down the redness. and once the redness is down. it won't look bad AT all. (it doesn't even look bad right now lol)

=D

Wow, your acne is NOT bad. In fact, its not even mild.

The advantage you have is that your acne is not cystic, or does not contain papules and postules (which leave scars). Your acne should not leave anything behind when its healed.

You just have to find the right treatment and the healing will start. I promise. Just do rigorous testing. Its not fast, but once you get the right regimen, you'll be happy as ever.

Are you kidding me? You could probably cover that up with a little tinted moisturizer, and you will not get scarring or hyperpigmentation. If anything, your skin just looks irritated, probably from being overtreated.

I know it doesnt seem that bad, but when you had perfect clear skin before and never had to worry about topicals and all that its a nightmare. The hardest thing for me is balancing my skin between dry and oily. I am naturally oily in the t-zone and after bp wash of course it gets dry and flaky then i use the cetaphil moisturizer, real thin layer and it leaves that shine and seems oily. So i dont know if its the moisturizer thats oily or my sebacous glands leaving the oil. Ya like i said my phone doesnt show the greatest clarity, but its all red with little inflamed whiteheads. You think a tanning bed would get rid of it all?

My face looks like that because of too much BP. Try lessening your usage or your concentration for a few day and see if that helps.

My face looks like that because of too much BP. Try lessening your usage or your concentration for a few day and see if that helps.

Ya i was kind of thinking maybe that cause i use the 10%bp wash everyday like i did a over a year ago with no problems. I was using cetaphil gentle cleanser for months, but that just seemed like it was even cleansing at all, but my cheeks and nose were not as bad as this either. So i guess maybe i should go back to cetaphil cleanser again, hell i dont know anymore, it is so hard and depressing to become clear again. Nothing makes sense, its just always breakouts, breakouts, and more breakouts. :(

You probably wont hear a lot of people backing me up on this, but in my oppinion you should quit the bp wash first of all, it doesnt seem like you need it at all. And then wait with the cetaphil, just try splashing some water in your face once or twice a day - kind of like you did back when you didn't have to worry, and I honestly think it'll calm down pretty fast.

You probably wont hear a lot of people backing me up on this, but in my oppinion you should quit the bp wash first of all, it doesnt seem like you need it at all. And then wait with the cetaphil, just try splashing some water in your face once or twice a day - kind of like you did back when you didn't have to worry, and I honestly think it'll calm down pretty fast.

Ok, here are a little better pics of what i have. Right and left side and of course forhead. I was reading on fungal folliclitus and was wondering if i got that from being on an anitbiotic (minocycline) for 6+ months. I have never had this before and i cant seem to get rid of it and its quite embarrasing to say the least. I have finally got my chin pretty much clear except for a tiny white head here and there, but now all of these bumps, some small whiteheads.

Edit: Let me start off by saying a friend of mine gets the EXACT same thing once in a while. And all he does is go to the sunbeds maybe 1 or 2 times and its gone. Other than that he doesn't wash his face except for water touching him in the shower ofcourse, but in my oppinion you should just start off by splashing some water in your face once or twice a day, maybe try out the sunbeds. However be careful!

To the folliculitis I'm not a complete expert but it could very likely be something other than acne. A folliculitis like you said maybe, but either way you can easily find out.

I believe that if it is a folliculitis it could either be caused by bacteria or fungal but you could look through some of these threads for more info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=88740

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=208147

I guess you could start off with buying some head and shoulders or nizoral shampoo and try with small amounts at first in the shower, leave on for a few minutes and then wash off. Although some find them a bit irritating, and if you are one of those there are many other possibilities such as ZNP bar I think it's called, or prescribed cream by a derm, however basically there are plenty of things to treat it with. Good luck :)

Edit: Let me start off by saying a friend of mine gets the EXACT same thing once in a while. And all he does is go to the sunbeds maybe 1 or 2 times and its gone. Other than that he doesn't wash his face except for water touching him in the shower ofcourse, but in my oppinion you should just start off by splashing some water in your face once or twice a day, maybe try out the sunbeds. However be careful!

To the folliculitis I'm not a complete expert but it could very likely be something other than acne. A folliculitis like you said maybe, but either way you can easily find out.

I believe that if it is a folliculitis it could either be caused by bacteria or fungal but you could look through some of these threads for more info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=88740

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=208147

I guess you could start off with buying some head and shoulders or nizoral shampoo and try with small amounts at first in the shower, leave on for a few minutes and then wash off. Although some find them a bit irritating, and if you are one of those there are many other possibilities such as ZNP bar I think it's called, or prescribed cream by a derm, however basically there are plenty of things to treat it with. Good luck :)

Well today i got sunburned pretty bad in my tzone area over my acne/folliculitis whatever it maybe at right now. Is it ok to put aloe on the burn or do i have to use something else. Will the sunburn make this worse? God i'm hoping not, but i worked outside all day today and didnt haven any non-comedgenic sun-screen :(. Please help!!!

I'm a little unsure about wether it will make it worse, I don't think that it will, since the sun has been drying your skin and the folliculitis feeds on oil or something like that. If you really want to you can apply some aloe but I don't think theres a need. I would just let your face rest and really not worry about it. It's not nessecarly a bad thing you've done. Only time will tell though :)

Hey dude! That isn't bad at all. I would use spherical cleanser in the morning and apply a light BP coat after you exfoliate with Spherical.

Joel Hart

Does it look like fungal or bacterial folliculitis? What are the treatements for it? Do i have to get them from a derm? I have dial antibacterial soap, should i wash the area with that? I also bought H&S selenium sulfide dandruff and seborrehic dermatitis shampoo intensive treatment cause i heard those ingrediants could help.

You also might consider trying a mandelic acid product. Mandelic is great for both acne and folliculitis - its antibacterial, antifungal, and also gets rid of clogged pores. Vivant, Garden of Wisdom, and NuCelle all make good mandelic products.

You also might consider trying a mandelic acid product. Mandelic is great for both acne and folliculitis - its antibacterial, antifungal, and also gets rid of clogged pores. Vivant, Garden of Wisdom, and NuCelle all make good mandelic products.

Ya i think i am making an appt tomorrow with my derm to get this looked at. I just got out of the shower and im starting to have dry skin and peeling from the sunburn in my tzone over the acne. I am going to use my cetaphil moisturizer. I hope this is ok? Is it?

Well all these tiny bumps/pimples are still all over my cheeks and near nose. I have also started breaking out on chin again.UGH! I fn hate this shit. I am wondering if its seborihic dermatitis or whatever on my cheeks cause its def diff from the pimples i get around mouth and chin. They really dont itch at all, but the damn things are resistant as hell and no matter if i use a strong cleanser or mild cleanser the F****** will not subside and go away. My appt with my doctor is this thursday and i am dreading on what bs he is gonna feed me this time. I am really considering asking to be put on accutane. Hell i will deal with a 6 month course with side effects to get rid of all of this. I have been trying to treat myself for over a year now anyway and im still not clear. Tired of feeling depressed about this everyday and im losing all kinds of weight cause im afraid to eat anything good anymore. I will try to post updated pictures, but my webcam and phone cam doesn't give my skin justice.

You will not see any improvement if you use 10% BP, because it contains comedogenic ingredients.

Get some 2.5% Panoxyl. Use it twice daily for two weeks with Eucerin 5% Urea moisturiser. You should notice a significant improvement.

You will not see any improvement if you use 10% BP, because it contains comedogenic ingredients.

Get some 2.5% Panoxyl. Use it twice daily for two weeks with Eucerin 5% Urea moisturiser. You should notice a significant improvement.

I didn't think any BP or BP wash could be comedogenic?

Well think again.

Edit:

Sorry - my original post here wasn't very helpful. What I meant to say was, the majority of the BP creams available on the market at the 5% and 10% strengths do contain ingredients such as mineral oil and petroleum derivatives which are extremely comedogenic. This is why the Guru Dan Kern specifically recommends only 2.5% BP gels!

it doesn't look that bad at all! and if you truly do want to clear away acne for ever, www.get-cleared.com sells an eBook which is incredibly cheap, it worked for me and loads others..... i say check it out!! :)

I'm jealous! Your acne looks better than mine. I'd be happier to have your problem! Since you're using a 10% BP, it's going to make you redder. So make sure to not scrub so hard when you wash with it or it'll aggravate your face more.