Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leonnie

my acne and scars make me do stupid things

I was riding my bike today and I saw an old friend, I am sure she noticed that I had seen her and I am sure she recognized me, but I didn't stop beacuse I was ashamed of my cystic breakout and scars. I feel soooo bad right now. I don't like myself too much... :(

Guest Herätys

):

Do you even talk to her anymore or just finally saw her after a long ass time?

If she was an old friend, I don't think she would have ran away from you. She could think you snubbed her on purpose, or that you just have low self-esteem. Next time you see her, be sure to remind her that you still care.

thanks for the support/advice guys!

we don't stay in touch anymore. we were never close friends. we liked each other but didn't have much in common. we live in different cities right now. I'm back in my hometown for some time now. apparently she is back as well. It would be strange to text her or something to explain why I acted the way I did, especially that I probably wouldn't have enough courage to tell her the truth. it would be awkward. I'm sure she felt offended yesterday, even thogh we weren't close. It's just rude what I did. I just hate it when my acne (or my attitude to it) affects my relations with others...I'm learning everyday to face people even when I don't like my face. If I continue to avoid people when I don't have a clear face, I will end up alone.

Your mindset of not avoiding people is right, acne won't stick with you forever but long lasting friends do !

I understand the fear. It hurts more when a friend comments on your skin, in effect reminding you your skin was "normal" before.

But trust me, the impression you'll leave is not "his/her skin looks bad," but "what did I do for him to avoid me?" And then your friend will think you don't like hanging out with him anymore then the friendship disappears. Speaking from experience. :P

You are not the only person doing so.. A lot of times I have avoided so many friends fearing their reaction to my skin.. I think it's natural feeling as we develop inferiority complex when having bad skin.. Don't feel bad about what you did.. It's absolutely fine since you were not so good friends with her.. But if you meet any of your close friends then don't be afraid to face them.. They'll understand your problem.. ok.. hope I helped!!

I was riding my bike today and I saw an old friend, I am sure she noticed that I had seen her and I am sure she recognized me, but I didn't stop beacuse I was ashamed of my cystic breakout and scars. I feel soooo bad right now. I don't like myself too much... :(

I've been through this many years ago.

One thing I learned is that no one ever commented on my acne, no one ever made fun of me, no ever thought it is bad. It was all me, I made myself feel that way.

You have to get yourself to a point where u just accept u have acne. Once you accept it is apart of you it wont bother you so much.

If acne was physically life threatening would you let it stop you from living? Or would you make every second count? We get one life and once it has gone it has gone. Try to remember there are people out there worse off with life threatening illnesses. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad this is just what I say to myself when I feel down.

thanks y'all for the support!

actually, it's not the first time my skin affects others negatively, not just me. I promise myself of course this is the last time..hope I'll stick to that. I do realize it's a lot about my attitude and that some people just really don't care/mind. but when it's bad I sometimes wish there was a village where only people with bad skin would live and we would all hang out ...not stressing out. that would be great.

ya, i would like to live in that village. and omg i am like you! it seems so stubborn of me but if on a bad day if i ever go on a bus and see a close friend, i'll turn my glare away and pretend i didn't see that person and pray like hell he/she doesn't see me. what's worse is that i've skipped class and called in sick to work.

~one thing i have to admit though, i know this is bad, (sorry!) but i've stared at some people with bad acne (this DOES NOT MEAN i am disgusted), i just think about how self conciously hard it must be for them because i can relate and that i want to help but i can't. although i wouldn't want people to stare at my acne of course.

I try to have this kind of attitude. I say to myself

"If acne is going to kill me in 6months what would i do with that 6 months? Sit there and feel sorry for myself or go and make that 6 months count for something?"

Have that attitude and you will start to live.