Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought a Tea Tree Oil (100% with other natural ingredients) face wash right before I saw this site about treating acne. I'm a little concerned if I shouldn't use it with benzoyl peroxide because I don't want it to burn like crazy overnight. Also I use an awesome sunblock, Aveeno Positively Ageless SPF 70, but it kind of leaves my skin a little dry though. I don't like to have a tan face, and I've always heard that using an excellent moisturizer benefits in great skin as you age. Basically, I'm scared that the two products aren't fit for Dan's regimen. Do you think that they're okay? I'll list out the ingredients in the two products.

Thoroughly Clean Face Wash (tea tree oil face wash): Castile Soap, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium (Awapuhi) Root Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwarck) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil, Organic Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil.

Aveeno Positively Ageless:

Active ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6%.... Sunscreen

Inactive ingredients: acrylates/C12-22 alkyl methacrylate copolymer, algae extract, ascorbic acid, beeswax, BHT, caprylyl methicone, cetyl dimethicone, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl stearate, ethylhexylgycerin, fragrance, Ganoderma Lucidum (mushroom) stern extract, glyceryl stearate, glycine Soja (soybean) seed extract, lentinus edodes extract, methylisothiazolinone, PEG-100 stearate, polyaminopropyl biguanide, propylene glycol, retinyl palmitate, silica, sodium polyacrylate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, tocopheryl acetate, trideceth-6, trimethylsiloxysilicate, water, xanthan gum.

I think you should always stick with ONE acne treatment that works for you. Combining benzoyl peroxide with tea tree oil might be a little to harsh on your skin. As for the sunblock your using, I think this is a great choice for your skin type; however, I would recommend only washing your face with a mild cleanser (like Dove soap) and use a gentle moisturizer before the SPF. Personally, I think the tea tree cleanser your using has too many ingredients!! I RECOMMEND HIGHLY using a mild soap and using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Mattifying Moisturizer--TRUST ME, IT's CHEAP AND AMAZING! Look it up, I promise you'll love it. In my opinion, Benzoyl Peroxide SUCKS and is WAY TOO HARSH! Also, if you want a FANTASTIC SPF that is non-greasy and simply makes your skin GLOW?? TRY CLINIQUE CITY BLOCK SPF 25--it's only $17 and it's AWESOME trust me. Just to tell you about my skin--I'm oily/combination, sensitive and acne prone. I wash with Dove, use tea tree moisturizer and finish with Clinique SPF. I have to say, for the first time, I have a clear face (and this is highly unusual for me).