Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zenergy

Effectiveness of beta-sitosterol?

Has anyone had any success with beta-sitosterol? I've done a board search and can only find people saying how it's a potent DHT inhibitor (stronger than saw palmetto), but no one actually posting results from using it. I've been using saw palmetto whole berries (2 x 490 mg am, 2 x 490 mg pm) for about 2 years now, and I have had success with reducing my acne and oily skin/hair...nothing dramatic, but definitely noticeable. I tried the extract first because everyone says that's the way to go, but found it did nothing for me. After doing a search, I discovered the people who posted positive results were using the whole berries instead of the extract, so I switched. I was using the extract for several months and saw nothing, within a week or two of using the whole berries I noticed improvements. Anyway, I'm going to start using the beta-sitosterol today and hopefully it will work better than the saw palmetto...I will post back in about a month. If anyone has tried the beta-sitosterol, please post your results. Thank you. :D

I used it but there was no noticeable effect. But then, I was already clear from my diet at the time. I was hoping for an improvement in my hirsutism.

And before the diet, I did take saw palmetto, zinc, b-complex and C which made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face. But I really feel it was the vitamins and minerals, not the saw palmetto.

I used it but there was no noticeable effect. But then, I was already clear from my diet at the time. I was hoping for an improvement in my hirsutism.

And before the diet, I did take saw palmetto, zinc, b-complex and C which made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face. But I really feel it was the vitamins and minerals, not the saw palmetto.

Hmmm...I'm not too optimistic about the beta-sitosterol working seeing as I haven't seen anyone post positive results, but I figured I'd test it out. Although, I guess I did see one review on iHerb from a woman saying it worked well for her acne, better than saw palmetto, but that's the only review I've found. I have taken zinc, b-complex, and C for years...I didn't notice the acne/oil reduction until I tried the saw palmetto whole berries. Were you taking the extract or whole berries and how many mg?

Hmmm...I'm not too optimistic about the beta-sitosterol working seeing as I haven't seen anyone post positive results, but I figured I'd test it out. Although, I guess I did see one review on iHerb from a woman saying it worked well for her acne, better than saw palmetto, but that's the only review I've found. I have taken zinc, b-complex, and C for years...I didn't notice the acne/oil reduction until I tried the saw palmetto whole berries. Were you taking the extract or whole berries and how many mg?

I don't recall. sorry.

Just realized I never posted my results. For some reason, the beta-sitosterol made me break out worse and I didn't continue using it. I'm still using the saw palmetto whole berries though, and they still help, but not completely. If I miss a dose, I definitely break out more and become more oily.