Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

Ryt so this is it, im 18 years of age and my skin has cleared up a lot since i was 14 - 15 but i still have breakouts and some scars that makes my skin look uneven. Now, i get really self conscious of this when im around others and recently over the past monjth or two i have been getting close with a girl. Now ive known her for a long time i no that she is the one, i have fallen in love with her and she really likes me also but wenever i have a breakout i alwys feel myself backing away from her and i hate doing this as i dont want to hurt the girl i love. The thing is i do this because i have the reputation as confident etc . . and when i change de to a breakout it changes ppls views on me and makes me seem strange but i cant open up like this to n e of them as they wouldnt understand as they dont suffer from acne like me. I think that this is the girl im going to spend my life with so how do i overcome this. Does any one else have this problem or can anyone rerlate or help me with this.

I really wanna hear back from you all.

Thankyouuuu :)

Well, if she's the one you're going to spend the rest of your life with, you should be able to talk candidly with her about anything, including your skin insecurities. If you're going to be in a long term relationship with someone, it's important that you're able to be yourself, acne scars and all, and that the other person is able to accept you for that.

i know, your rite, she totally accepts me for who i am, its just me gettin the confidence upt o have tht talk, i no once i do therew ill be nothing to worry about, i just dont no how to go about telling her cause its not the sort of thing comes up in everyday conversation is it really. but ive got to do !

Thanks for reply

You're right. It's about keeping your confidence up. Don't push her away, because I'm sure she will be hurt if that happens. Love should be able to overcome.

i think that it is hard to open up about acne to a person even if they've already had it. in general, i think it's hard to open up about something that has caused you pain. you say you don't know how to approach the topic .. i think the best way to go about it is to tell the truth .. that you want to open up to her about something and how difficult it is for you to talk about it. whenever i want to have a serious conversation with someone i usually go over it a few times in my head or rehearse it. you have the reputation of being confident, but having insecurities doesn't mean you're not a confident person overall. it only means you're human and have concerns just like everyone else. i'm sure your gf will appreciate you trusting her, and it'll bring you guys that much closer.

This is kinda an oxymoron. But if you can learn to be happier and not worry about it, less stress may clear you up some.

You should be able to talk to her about it, and most likely she'll relate and support you making the whole relationship stronger. Do not let it effect your relationship or she'll be hurt too. If you explain it to her she'll be much happier you too.

hey guys,

Thanks for your hhelp. it really means a lot and i know now what to do.

hope your all ok

oh ya? well here's kinda a metaphor for ya. if you have school and you skip class, your teacher will disapprove of you and think you're a despicable student who will fail. this is like your gf will think you don't like her anymore and will not like you. this teacher ( compared soulmate) if desired may withdraw you from the course which is like your gf dumping you. and then you will have to wait another semester to enroll in the course again (and you may have to wait a few months? to get her back. of course, the fees to enroll in the course is expensive. so you will have to pay your gf in order to get her to like you again. jk lol. anyways ya it's hard. just 2 days ago it was my 3rd day of class. i was planning to skip that class half way through the lecture before break because i couldn't take my acne. but then the teacher gave a warning, if anyone decides to leave during break, do not EVER come back to class again, you will not come to me for help ever again, i will not teach you. fuck last semester i had the same teacher, and i skipped twice cus of acne. i don't think he noticed and he never seemed upset with my actions but now suddenly he says this.

Hey guys,

Ryt so this is it, im 18 years of age and my skin has cleared up a lot since i was 14 - 15 but i still have breakouts and some scars that makes my skin look uneven. Now, i get really self conscious of this when im around others and recently over the past monjth or two i have been getting close with a girl. Now ive known her for a long time i no that she is the one, i have fallen in love with her and she really likes me also but wenever i have a breakout i alwys feel myself backing away from her and i hate doing this as i dont want to hurt the girl i love. The thing is i do this because i have the reputation as confident etc . . and when i change de to a breakout it changes ppls views on me and makes me seem strange but i cant open up like this to n e of them as they wouldnt understand as they dont suffer from acne like me. I think that this is the girl im going to spend my life with so how do i overcome this. Does any one else have this problem or can anyone rerlate or help me with this.

I really wanna hear back from you all.

Thankyouuuu :)

I completely understand where you’re coming from and I agree about talking to her about it. Once you build up your relationship and you’re completely comfortable with each other, it will be easier for you to let her see you with your break outs. It will be hard in the beginning, but you have to get through that breaking point. Soon it will just be like your mother or father seeing you. It doesn’t mean anything. You know they don’t look at you any differently and they love you anyway.

I was with someone for a while and he would see me at my worst points (when I come back from getting acne surgery at the dermatologist). I never thought that I would ever be that comfortable with someone. Anyway, I’m not with him now and I will not go on a date with a new guy with a break out. So that’s why I think it gets easier when you have that comfort level and security.

You also have to realize that if she 's known you for a while she’s already seen you with your break outs and she likes you anyway. I know things change when you actually start seeing someone, but don’t let this get in the way of the rest of your life with this girl. You'll regret it.