Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dawn13

IB - when did you get it and how long did it last?

Hi all

Just wondering: did you get an IB and if so how far along into Accutane and how long did it last?

Yep I know, too many IB worries, but I look worse than ever and just want to make myself feel better by having a lot of people saying that it won't last long ;) (be honest anyway ;))

Best, Dawn

20 years ago when I took it for moderate acne I was on 60/day and experienced a pretty bad initial breakout between weeks 2 and 4, and then it started to improve.

How would classify your level of acne prior to starting accutane?

I'm about to start 10/day for mild acne and am hoping for no IB.

I have mild to maximum moderate cystic acne, I'd say. The frustrating thing is that my skin is technically nice, small pores and smooth, I have barely any whiteheads and haven't had a single blackhead in my life, but I'm cursed with having cysts on my cheeks that barely ever come to a head and are there pretty much all the time, sometimes just one, sometimes a whole cluster. It got worse after I went off the pill and now I'm on day 10 of my Accutane and my right cheek is full of cysts - I look so horrible and they came basically over night. The left side is okay, except for one small whitehead and one disappearing cyst.

I am on 25mg only and so hoped I would skip the IB, but no such luck. But okay, I can deal with one to two weeks of IB as long as it's over after that :shifty::shifty::rolleyes:

THanks. My hope is that since the IB started so soon, I will also see improvements soon. Haha. I usually respond quite well to drugs, I really hope this is the case with Accutane too.

I got my IB pretty soon rather. Within a few days, I'd say 5 or 6 I started breaking out like crazy and in places where i wouldnt normally get pimples. It lasted a couple weeks or maybe I'm still on it because this is my 28th day on accutane (low dose of 20mgs/day) and still have not seen results if anything my skin has gotten worse and keeps on getting worse..

I'm giving it 2 months, if after that my skin doesnt go back to normal again (3 to 5 pimples per month) or improves radically to no pimples at all I think I'd quit accutane for good.. Let's see how that goes..

probably the first 1-5 weeks it felt like every morning things were getting worse......now I think my overall appearance is improving after 6 weeks but every morning I have a few new problems.....but my skin is probably worse that yours.....So after 6 weeks im still breaking out just mabye not as fast as it was in the first 5 weeks

I'm on day 10 of a very low dose: 20mg/day and I would say that IB started yesterday, but not that severe! Sure it will get worse though, but just be strong. It's all worth it in the end! :dance:

I'm on day 10 of a very low dose: 20mg/day and I would say that IB started yesterday, but not that severe! Sure it will get worse though, but just be strong. It's all worth it in the end! :dance:

im on day 8 or 9 now havent got a ib yet, we will see i am getting the chapped lips and dry skin though.

I think my initial breakout ended 2 weeks ago....where I wasn't waking up with 5 new zits a day!

As of now, I have 3 new ones, one is big by my lip, but bearable, and 2 are on my chin, again...bearable......

I think I still have guck in there to be pushed out!