Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jondread

oOk...... am I the only guy here that wears makeup?

In all honesty, I wear mineral makeup as a concealer on my spots. I was just wondering if i'm the only guy who does this? Apparently it's actually good for you as mineral makeup contains Zinc, which promotes healing.

Bash me all you want! I really couldn't care less :) and by the way, i'm not gay either! Muahaha, just wondered if anyone else had done, or does wear makeup?

I think you're the only guy who admits to using makeup.

I'm sure others do as well so I don't think you're alone.

You are most assuredly NOT alone. ;) Look through cosmetics and style; you'll see many many threads where hetero men ask about makeup application to conceal blemishes. Most do end up going with mineral makeup as it does look the most natural and some kinds last nicely even on oily skin.

Men (and women!) can learn how to apply makeup by looking at YouTube videos. They get tips and hints on the right brushes to use and what makeups other people like right here on acne.org in Cosmetics and Style.

Yeah but that's just obvious lol, all the TV stars appear to have wonderful skin, but i'm sure in the long term all that thick makeup wont do them much good.

Maybe you could move this to the cosmetics and style forum, Wynne? I didn't know it even existed and would probably be more suited to be in that forum.

All of my sibs and I have acne and two brothers included.

Guys do wear makeup one of my bros would sometimes borrow some foundation for his spots.

woahh really.

i was thinking about using make up but.. it would feel kinda wierd...

do people notice it when they see you up close?

I think it's awesome that you just admitted that, haha. :clap:

I am sure there are other guys out there who use some sort of cover-up...

Also, some of my friends (girls) use mineral make-up, and depending on what kind/how much they use, it's actually very well-blended, and pretty difficult to tell they're wearing it.

If it's okay for girls to wear makeup then it's okay for guys.

I don't wear makeup personally, but my idea is: If it makes you feel better about yourself go for it!! It's what you think that matters ;)

No. Others guys that post here use concealer to cover pimples. I figure if men in television use powder and concealer to hide blemishes, then regular guys should be able to do it. It's not real make-up like eyeliner and lipstick.

Good luck if you someone notices, and grills you about it in public.

I'm moving this to cosmetics and style at the request of the original poster. :)

Thanks Wynne.

Only a few people have ever noticed, and that's literally because I would answer the door and have a few blemishes, then I would return a few minutes later and they would be gone lol, then i'de go out.

But it's only ever women that have noticed. But who would suspect a guy of wearing concealer anyway? So they probably wouldn't think to be looking for guys wearing it in the first place. The stuff I use is barely noticeable and I use it in such a small amount just to hide the scars.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...catalogId=11051 it's this, and to be honest it's given me a lot of my confidence back, I know it sounds really pathetic but it's true! But i'm rather self conscious.... ok very.

Speaking of make-up, there is this 'magic pen'..lol..or something of that sort which is especially meant for men. Apparently, its a big seller!!

Personally, I would'nt find the time for make-up as DKR itself is kind of time consumming.

And why need make-up when you have a good enough regimen? :surprised:

You are most assuredly NOT alone. ;) Look through cosmetics and style; you'll see many many threads where hetero men ask about makeup application to conceal blemishes. Most do end up going with mineral makeup as it does look the most natural and some kinds last nicely even on oily skin.

And the zinc is beneficial. So if someone notices, you can just say it's zinc powder and a treatment. And a sunblock.

Guest missyjean130

Tons of guys on this site wear makeup...I've even ran into guys in the makeup aisle at stores...who scurried away at being caught.

I think if guys just started being open about it others guys would fess up too and it wouldn't be such a huge deal anymore lol.

And zinc does reduce irritation and inflammation....it's not just an excuse to wear mineral makeup.When my acne was bad the makeup actually helped make my skin not look like hell. =P

I use sudocreme to cover up.

My skin is really light so you won't see it.

Sudo is also very good for healing (although i'm not seeing really big difference). AND I can say i'm not wearing makeup. (H)

Although I did in the past :ninja:

I've used Dr. Brandts pores no more. I loved it because what it really is is a tinted cream, but it's more like a bass makeup! It covered all my flaws and keep my face mattified for a good half day. NOT one person ever noticed I was wearing it because I learned how to apply it(learning how to apply makeup is everything!). I started by squezing four pumps into my hand, then took my index finger and placed small bits of it on every single flaw(not rubbing on the flaw just dabbing the flaw). Then with the half that was left I rub together in my hands for a split sec. and then rubbed all over my face(making sure to get to the edges of my face, undereye and overeye) blending all the dabbed flaws and everything else in. Sometimes I would set it with jane iredale translucent powder(for longer mattefing). So yes I think men should wear makeup as long as they apply it correctly. Good for you jondread :clap: I think you should done fine with concealer!

I use makeup almost everyday :)

I learned most of my makeup application by trial and error, so I guess I've gotten better than when I first started. However, I don't use any mineral makeup. As of right now, I use Smashbox green tint primer (for redness), a tinted moisturizer, Almay concealer, green concealer for red marks, and powder and that's all. I've been "caught" a couple of times, but some people asked if I was wearing makeup, and some people just said nothing. Plus, I've gotten to the point where I really don't care what people say about me. I only wear makeup to improve my self confindence and lessen the appearance of my acne scars/redmarks, not so that I can be a runway model.

At least you have the courage to admit your wearing makeup. One of my friends (who is a guy) had acne more severe than I did, and I noticed that he looked different the next couple of days. Reason why? He was wearing makeup too. So you are not the only guy wearing makeup :)

In all honesty, I wear mineral makeup as a concealer on my spots. I was just wondering if i'm the only guy who does this? Apparently it's actually good for you as mineral makeup contains Zinc, which promotes healing.

Bash me all you want! I really couldn't care less :) and by the way, i'm not gay either! Muahaha, just wondered if anyone else had done, or does wear makeup?

As a girl, it really doesn't bother me if a guy has acne that you can see. I'd prefer my guy bare-faced, but hey if it helps with healing why not?

i dont think there is anything wrong with it at all man. if you want to wear makeup, just wear it and be honest about it. my suggestion would just be to be real honest about it though, it will make you feel better about yourself. if someone asks you if you are wearing makeup, say "yeah I am. i have bad skin and am trying to make it look better for society so people dont look down on me as much."

i love being blunt and honest about everything in life because it makes people uncomfortable. If someone said says something about my skin, I usually respond with something like "yes, they are scars from severe acne i had in the past. i hate myself bc of them and usually want to die." being honest is liberating.

girls will def notice though man, they are weird like that. they can spot you wearing makeup from a mile away. i would say go for it anyway, you have my respect and i'd be lying if i hadnt thought about it before. unfortuanately, i live in a very conservative part of the US and if i was walking around wearing makeup in many parts of this state having some dude yell "fag" out of his huge ass pickup truck would not be out of the question so i prefer not too.