Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Could someone please tell me how to sort this type of acne out?!

I don't want to resort to antibiotics!!!

It is a never ending circle as I have to put make-up on them to cover them up! And this makes them worse of course

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen.../DSCN1777-1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen_girl/DSCN1774.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/jen_girl/DSCN1773.jpg

As you can see from the pics, the worst affected side is the right side...I have no idea why.

My forehead has no acne at all

Its making me self-conscious and depressed and I'm tearful almost all of the time...

First of all, your skin doesn't look very oily so I wouldn't recommend using BP, so use a very mild cleanser.

You could also use a toner made from 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar and water, as they don't look like they are forming heads. ACV is has natural antiseptic in it and dries them out, but you're going to want to use a good light moisturizer with it also.

You could also try using honey, i've just started using Manuka honey a week ago and seen amazing results, by making a mask out of a little bit of honey and a few crushed aspirin pills a day - the aspirin has salicylic acid in, which is another acne fighting ingredient, combined with the healing, anti-inflamtory factor of the honey it really works wonders.

Unfortunately, i'm on antibiotics now after a last resort, although I wish I didn't, because now I think once again i'm hooked, but my skin seems to be on the mend, which i'm not sure is down to the manuka honey, or the antibiotics, or a combination. But I really wouldn't advice antibiotics unless you are finding that absolutely nothing works.

I'm not an expert but I'd probably say it looks like mild inflamed hormonal acne? As for the makeup issue, have you tried using a powdered mineral makeup? They're much better on your skin as it doesn't clog pores, and usually mineral makeup contains Zinc - which actually is good for your skin and promotes healing.

First of all, your skin doesn't look very oily so I wouldn't recommend using BP, so use a very mild cleanser.

You could also use a toner made from 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar and water, as they don't look like they are forming heads. ACV is has natural antiseptic in it and dries them out, but you're going to want to use a good light moisturizer with it also.

You could also try using honey, i've just started using Manuka honey a week ago and seen amazing results, by making a mask out of a little bit of honey and a few crushed aspirin pills a day - the aspirin has salicylic acid in, which is another acne fighting ingredient, combined with the healing, anti-inflamtory factor of the honey it really works wonders.

Unfortunately, i'm on antibiotics now after a last resort, although I wish I didn't, because now I think once again i'm hooked, but my skin seems to be on the mend, which i'm not sure is down to the manuka honey, or the antibiotics, or a combination. But I really wouldn't advice antibiotics unless you are finding that absolutely nothing works.

I'm not an expert but I'd probably say it looks like mild inflamed hormonal acne? As for the makeup issue, have you tried using a powdered mineral makeup? They're much better on your skin as it doesn't clog pores, and usually mineral makeup contains Zinc - which actually is good for your skin and promotes healing.

Thank you!

I might give the honey a try!

It always seems to get worse around my period...so it could be hormonal related.

I do use BP - I use acne, on-the-spot treatment from neutrogena and apply it every night...do you think this is making it worse then?

BP is good for oily skin really because it draws all the moisture out and dries up the spots, and your skin doesn't look oily at all which means it might be drying it out a bit too much. Try the honey and see how it goes.

In my personal experience BP made it much more inflamed and redder, and i've had no success with any chemical products as they do seem to make my spots much worse. So i've gone completely organic now with everything I use on my skin and body, even my toothpaste is organic, after reading reviews about how Sodium Laureth Sulphate or whatever it is can give you spots - but i'm a bit obsessed lol. (ok very obsessed! lol)

I'm not saying turn to natural organic products but all you can do is try and test out to eventually find something that works for you. If you are noticing an improvement with what you're using at the moment then stick with it, but you need to test anything you use for at least a month to give it chance to work properly.

I have oily skin and BP does nothing to change it. as far as antibiotics, I find they do help so far anyway. Try different things, everybody finds something that works for them. Eventually.

Why don't you want to go on antibiotics.

antibiotics didn't do anything for me. if it did, then it must've been a small improvement.

did your acne just turn like that? maybe food allergy?

don't do anything more to your skin. your might end up doing more harm then good.

go to a dermatologist soon!