Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm 14 and my derm just prescribed me accutane! I have to take a blood test tommorow, I so hope everythings cool and I pass. Has anyone got tips for when i'm on accutane? Thank you :D

The only tip that I can tell you is, take no more than 20mg per day. No achohol, sun tan and weight lifting while you are on accutane.

Don't listen to Max's advice. Your derma will prescribe you the dosage correct for your weight and severity of acne. There is a ton of advice about Accutane on this site. Check out the Accutane Logs, which you might consider starting. But for some quick advice, get a good chapstick, sunscreen, moisturizer, and facial cleanser. Drink a ton of water and at least have light workouts. Take your pill wth a fatty meal and glass of water. Good luck!

Hey Ryan, glad to hear that you got Accutane. You'll be very pleased with the result after you finish the course. I've taken Accutane 3 times and after each time, the results were amazing.

Miss Angie is right, your derm or doc will give you the correct dosage based on your weight. I dont really know why Max says no weight lifting because I worked out while on Accutane. You should stay away from alcohol because the Accutane is hard on the liver already but I doubt you have to really worry since you are only 14. Last time I checked, 14 year olds werent big drinkers. Your skin will be really sensitive once the medication starts to get into your system so you should constantly keep your skin moisturized. I always got cracked lips so I used Aquaphor (intensive healing) at night on the lips and my arms to prevent from cracking. The aquaphor is really potent and thick so use only on lips and body rather than the face. Also, try to stay out of the sun, however, if you do plan to go in the sun then use sun block. Good luck and if you have questions, let me know.