Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RazorG

The beach is the CURE to acne.

Okay, not really, but OMG. I went to the beach today with no intent on going in the water. However I ended up spending most of the time in the water. I tried not to get a tan either. Anyways, I got a SLIGHT tan but my skin looked SOOO much better when I got back home. I even received two compliments from 2 of my family members which is rare.

So yea, that salt water is like a godsend for people with acne. The slight tan just tops it off too.

So like, GO TO THE BEACH!

If you think that's the way to go, there is a solution used for healing piercings and tats called h2ocean... pic it up at any tat shop, might be a fun experiment. Maybe use it at night and moisturize in the morning or visa versa?

May I recommend not going to the beach in England and getting the water on your face, honestly - the water here is full of crap, literally.

May I recommend not going to the beach in England and getting the water on your face, honestly - the water here is full of crap, literally.

Yea, I know what you mean, theirs some beaches I wouldn't even want to get my feet near but this water was SO amazing and clear, you could see this fishes swimming around, it was nice. lol

I live in Miami florida so i go to the beach tons here. When i get a suntan, it just blends in with the red spots so it makes it look like i just havea suntan and no red spots. After it goes away my acne flares up worse lol

Yeah, well any water that has fish swimming around in it must be good for your skin, otherwise they would just die :P

The water here only has used heroin needles and kebab boxes swimming around in it :( There are some nice beaches in England but not many, but hey - there is also that stuff called natural sea salt which you can put into a nice warm bath which probably does just exactly the same thing as sea water, except without the fishes! Lol.

Anyway, i'm glad you had a good time at the beach and it improved your skin, alot of people seem to think the sun is bad for your skin, but I would love to prove them wrong, so far this summer i've been studying so much i've not had time to go to the beach yet - but it's on my list of things to do!

i think thats so true. I went to miami on vacation a few weeks ago and i went to the beach everyday and I noticed that the salt water was helping the bumps dry up and go away.

probably has something to do with salt water killing bacteria and causing dehydration. too bad i live in NYC and only have shitty beaches i wouldnt dare swin in.

I can totally agree with you that the beach and water to wonders for your skin. But be warned, it's only temporary, and it might just cause a bad breakout in the next month. I have read about other members using salt water to wash there face here is a link to the reviews on it.

I was at the beach in Maui, and although a little face tan covered up my blotchy skin - it was all temporary. After coming back home, I got a rash-like break out on my chin, and my face looks even more discolored than before, haha. I want my untanned skin back. :boohoo:

So. Yeah... Not so much, for me.

It definitely depends on the person. Sun, chlorine and the ocean all help my skin. Even though I live in Coronado, I don't often go to the beach. Odd, I know. I really should start.