Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metallica1

is there anything i havent tried?

hi, i havent posted here in years because i havent had too.. my acne started about 7 years ago(im 20 now) and ive tried sooo many things.. and nothing really seems to work, ive tried;

oral antibiotics

topical antibiotics

differin

BP

SA

10 grams B5 a day

capsaicin

proactive

several acne 'cures' i bought online

tea tree oil

green tea

honey

manuka honey

vitamins+minerals

baking soda

aspirin mask

topical anti-inflammatorys

oral anti-inflammatorys

ketoconazole

fish oil

flax seed oil

apple cider vinegar

corticosteroids

all kinds of cleansers, exfoliants and thingys

dairy free diet

gluten free diet

refined-carb free diet

saturated-fat free diet

liver flush

1 month detox

blood tests

allergy tests

electronic gizmos

accutane

(and probly others that ive forgotten)

the only thing that really worked was accutane, but the side effects were pretty bad.

accutane cleared me up within the first 2 weeks of using it, with no initial breakout, and i was on it for over a year. after about 6months of coming off it, i started getting a few pimples back. it started out a few pimples around my hairline, and behind my ears (and i had never got them there before). then on my cheeks and finally on my forehead..

i have an appointment for my derm again in a week, and the only option seems to go on accutane again. though i dont really want to because of the side effects. while i was on it i got extremely cracked lips and nosebleeds, as well as bad lower back pain(which still hasnt gone away). but the main one im worried about is the hairloss.. i already have naturally thin hair and male pattern baldness runs in my family, and i really dont want to go bald:/.

So i guess i want to know if anyone knows of something that i havent tried that could work, thanks.

wow i dont think it is good for your skin to try so many products

anyway, ratin-A maybe?

wow i dont think it is good for your skin to try so many products

anyway, ratin-A maybe?

well they were over a period of 7 years though.. ratin A is kinda like differin right? well thanks for reply ill ask the derm about it.

i think differin is milder than ratin A

see if it works for you

the IB is going to be horrible though =/ be ready.

I know how you feel. My acne didn't get bad until I was in my early 20's and the list of things I've tried is as long as yours if not longer.

I actually stumbled upon a review of the coral Kavi bar on this website. I just ordered Kavi's Step III acne kit and so far it's been pretty good. I have some mild break outs because my skin is so dry but overall it is much better. I am hoping and praying this will be it for me!

I think they have a money back guarantee. It's kind of expensive but I'd just thought I'd share.

Good luck!

Allergy Tests? I got some positive results and went on a yeast free/mold free diet and was told to use Dandruff Shampoo as a wash (face/back) morning&night (Head and Shoulders). I'm in my 20s and its the first time I have a clear forehead since middle school. Now Im a firm believer in Allergy tests and Dandruff Shampoo lol.

My Derm gave me Finacea for Rosacea (also helped for Acne but not enough on its own).

Edited by SweetSpot

...cold creams

...creamy cleansers, with oil primers and barely using any water (DEEVOO!)

...natural AHA's like apple cider vinegar, usually in toner

...clay masks, with acv/witch hazel/oils/honey as either mask or cleanser

...egyptian magic cream as nighttime moisturizer/spot treatment/cleanser

...doing absolutely nothing to your skin (which I haven't really done, but I've heard things)

...routines that concentrate on preserving the acid mantle, lipid layer, proper proliferation and maturation of skin cells and sloughing dead skin cells (and preserving proper hydration of cells) as opposed to simply preventing clogged pores

...taking things like tee trea oil, green tea and honey and employing them into one skincare routine without other elements like lathering cleansers

Hope these ideas help? Good luck dude.