Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Foods High in Vitamin A to Avoid

We all know that Vitamin A is a large component of the chemical formula in Isotretinoin (Accutane).

So do not eat these foods high in Vitamin A; avoid these:

* sweet potatoes

* beetroot

* broccoli

* spinach

* winter squash

* kale

* sweet red peppers

* oatmeal

* tomato juice

* apricots, fresh and dried

* peaches

* apples

* Cod fish

* fish oils

* turkey

* duck

* beef

* lamb

* pork

* peas

* cantaloupe

* lemons

* tomatoes

* margarine and butter

* cheese

* egg

* herring

* sardine

* kidney

* carrots

* watercress

* prunes

* cabbage

* oranges and grapefruit

Avoid these and you will be able to absorb the maximum amount of Accutane.

This gives exact amounts

So does this

why would vitamin a inhibit the absorption of a vitamin-a derivative? i think some documentation would be beneficial.

secondly, if you shouldn't be taking fish oils, a lot of people on this board are up the creek since many users take oils and accutane together.

why would vitamin a inhibit the absorption of a vitamin-a derivative? i think some documentation would be beneficial.

secondly, if you shouldn't be taking fish oils, a lot of people on this board are up the creek since many users take oils and accutane together.

I don't know why it counteracts tane, it just does. Ask your derm. The documentation lies within Google. I just wrote this for people who wanted to be aware of what foods NOT to eat, or at least eat them less often while on Accutane.

I also take fish oil and I am on Accutane. I am not forcing you to follow these rules.

Dude 120mg of tane every day? please consider lowering that dose it is NOT needed.

Fruits and veggies are ok to take since their vitamin A is in the form of beta carotene which is stored. It won't cause overdosing.

You only have to worry about the pills and meat rich in vitamin A

Fruits and veggies are ok to take since their vitamin A is in the form of beta carotene which is stored. It won't cause overdosing.

You only have to worry about the pills and meat rich in vitamin A

That's good to know. Does this include spinach, which has about 160% Vitamin A per 85 mg?