Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lillya

Orange Peel Skin from Copper Peptides???

So, this is my first post on this forum. I have been reading posts for a long time, but never had a reason to post anything of my own... until now...

I just started using Super CP (copper peptide) serum from skinbiology for my rolling scars and hyperpigmentation. It seems like a lot of people of this forum and elsewhere have had a lot of success with the CP products so I thought I would give them a try.

Well, I have only been using them for 2.5 days now, but during this time my skin has taken a dramatic turn for the worse :confused: The texture of my skin has never been that great, but it is definitely substantially worse now and I am really worried that I permanently damaged my skin somehow. The discoloration also seems to have gotten worse...

I know that CPs are supposed to make things worse before they get better - and I was totally prepared to deal with that. I guess I am just am worried that the road to something better doesn't actually exist - at least for me... How do I know if this is just a tough time on the way to something positive or something more serious that I should address now?

Of course, I ask this knowing that there is no way for anyone to really know what is happening to my skin... I guess what I am really asking is:

1) What are your experiences with CPs? Did you go through any tough spots along the way?

2) If so, how soon after you started using CPs did this happen?

3) And how long did it take for things to start looking better?

4) And most importantly - has anyone ever suffered permanent damage from using CPs?

Ok, I know I am rambling here, but I am so distraught over this right now I can't help it. I didn't like my skin to begin with, so the thought of it now being worse is tearing me up inside.

(Oh, and in case you are thinking of asking, I am definitely not comfortable posting any pictures showing what I am talking about - I am WAY too embarrassed :redface: )

Thanks so much for your help and input!!!

hi i cant help you at all with ur cp problem, i can tell you i had a orange peel effect from a chemical and know exactly how you feel mine is here 2 months on, i have it on both cheeks and large pores on my forehead too now. where is your orange peel look located just on cheeks? or on forehead 2? i can tell you i have spoken to 2 members on here who have had same problem one was from a laser and the other was from a peel like mine theres was only on there cheeks though they both said after a year theres basically went away pretty much i would say stop using it and as they advised me use a deep lotion to help the skin recover as apparently this effect is due to damage to the lower layers of the skin.

I used copper peptides for about a week and strange laugh lines developed around my mouth which weren't there before--and frankly, I'm too young to have since I'm only in my early 20's. It's been around 8 months and they haven't gone away.

In my opinion, Dr. Pickart is dishonest at best, and possibly a scam artist. There are numerous anecdotal reports of permanent skin damage from his products, but he completely dismisses them--often in a rude and defensive manner.

But, if large pores are your only symptom, I've heard copper peptides can cause break-outs/clog pores. So maybe that is your problem?

Ive heard your skin is supposed to get worse before it gets better on copper peptides, although ive never used them. Maybe go onto the forums of skinbiology website and look at what other people post/ask about your experience.

Skin Biology Forums

i just noticed uv posted this exact same question on another forum, although u didnt say u used a glycolic acid peel on this topic. if u look back at my topics and posts u will see this is what messed my face up with the orange peel effect chemical peels aren't suited for everyone and damage can be Permanent i would strongly advise you not to use this again. ive spoke to quite a few people about this and alot said they have had improvments after time and good skin care ie moisturiser if u keep peeling back already damaged skin to put it in a nice way you will totally mess it up. i notice ur using a dermaroller this would be ok this is what im using at the moment.

anyway at the end of the day its ur skin so its up to you, i just feel if i haven't warned you then id feel guilty, i feel like shit due to my glycolic peel and wouldnt touch the stuff ever again! ur skin is dehydrated and very sensative at the moment so u need to take care of it. i dont know what copper peptides do so i cant comment on them but if they are to exfoliate skin i would stay clear of them too. u should just use a dermaroller and vitamin c and e cream and be patient. if you are unsure of my comments i can send u all the links of people that have had the exact same problem there is many on this board and i have spoke to most as i was that worried about my skin ur not the first to have this problem, people that sell this crap just dont want to admit that its shit so they will tell you anything! for example you prob didn't notice it before, its micro swelling, u didnt do it rite ive heard them all and so have many others.

anyway good luck look after ur skin.

Yeah, I also posted on the skinbiology site but I was afraid I would get biased reviews there and so I posted here as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Over the past few days, I just held back on my skin products to let my skin heal a bit and things seem to be looking a bit better. I am optimistic that the orange peel effect was just temporary. I think my skin was just overworked and needed a rest! Thank goodness - I was so worried/depressed about how my skin looked at the time, but it is definitely slowly improving.

Anyway, for now I am going to keep my routine at a minimum and then slowly start to reincorporate copper peptides. I read in a few places that it is really important to start using the peptides slowly - and I certainly wasn't doing this at first.

I would recommend for anyone starting CPs to start with around 4 drops every other night and then increase from there. In fact, I am quickly learning it is best to start ANY new product slowly! And not to start multiple new products at once... I think this is what messed my skin up.

I would still be interested to hear about people's experiences with CPs (see my first post for specifics) because I want to get an idea of what the time course is looking like.

Thanks for your help!

best person to speak to is lamarr ive read alot of his posts and i believe he has used it before. so are u still using the glycolic peel? mines 2 months on and mine hasn't gone away maybe slight improvments. i have asked on the site you where on about my bad peel and they say copper peptides but im a bit skeptical to be honest im looking into it more before i mess with my face again. let us know if you find anything out about this. but i would still stop the peels just my opinion. if you notice on the other board u posted on a lady said the same thing as i have about chemical peels.

Just wanted to post a quick update in case anyone stumbles across this post and wonders what the eventual outcome was. It has been about a month since I had the orange peel skin scare. Fortunately, my skin is completely back to normal and may even have improved a little!

I am convinced that the orange peel effect was my skin trying to tell me not to add so many new products into my routine at one time. I added about 4 new products into my routine pretty much all at once and I think it just over stressed my skin.

A few people mentioned the problem may have stemmed from the chemical peel I am using (35% glycolic), but at least in my case I don't think it was the culprit. I have continued to use the peel every other week since this problem started and it actually seems to be helping with my overall skin texture.

As for the copper peptides, I haven't really seen any results yet, but I still think it needs a little more time. I am pretty sure that at least they aren't doing anything bad for my skin - it is just a matter of time to see if they are actually going to end up helping.

Thanks for the feedback everyone provided!