Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sriram619

Whats A Good Non Comodegenic Shaving Gel or Cream

I have tried using dans cleanser with three pumps it works ok but its not thick and i cant get a good lather to shave.... Do you guys know any shaving gels or shaving creams that are non comodegenic that you can buy at local drug stores or grocrey stores ?

Neutrogena makes an Oil-Free Shaving Cream. I tried it before I got on the Regimen and it never seemed to hurt my face. Although I have no proof, I don't think that anything is wrong with regular ole Barbasol.

So are all the shaving gels that are fragrence free and are designed for sensetive skin ok for acne prone skin ? i cant seem to find one that specfically says non comodogenic but they do say dermatoligist tested. Anyone know ?

Yeah, I don't think any of them (at least none that I've found) actually say "non-comedogenic." I think you basically got it right with fragrance-free and sensitive skin. Just read the ingredients also. Things like mineral oil and lanolin oil are very comedogenic, so stay away from those. There are websites that you can post ingredients and it will tell you whether it is comedogenic or not, so you could try that. Mainly, with a shaving cream, you just want something as simple as possible. It doesn't have to have all of these fancy "skin clearing" ingredients. It just needs to supply you skin with enough cushion to avoid irritation. Good luck in your search and let me know if you find a good one. ;)

yea i hear the sensitive skin ones and non fragrance ones should be good. Ill def look around and keep you guys posted. Has anyone has no irritation when shaving with Dan's cleanser ? i love the cleanser just cant get a thick thick lather for shaving.

Hey, I am using Vichy Homme Shaving Gel Anti-Skin Irritations. It woks great for me and I have delicate, sensitive skin post-tane. It prevents razor burn, skin redness, and ingrown hair. Plus it helps the razor glide smoothly on the skin. The gel is non comedogenic, oil free, and hypoallergenic. After washing and shaving my face I also spray Avene Thermal water on my face and it really soothes my skin and reduces the redness immediately. Sometimes I use Avene Cicalfate Cream after shaving and it really helps to restores my skin. I highly recommend these products, my skin is now quite sensitive after Accutane but they work great and never made me break out or anything.

So are all the shaving gels that are fragrence free and are designed for sensetive skin ok for acne prone skin ? i cant seem to find one that specfically says non comodogenic but they do say dermatoligist tested. Anyone know ?

You should checkout "MenScience" products. Their shaving products were specifically made for sensitive/acne/razor burn/pore clogging skin problems. The reviews I found on google praise the product a lot, so I'm going to buy it even though the shave cream alone costs like $25, but people say it lasts 3-4months.

It is somewhat frustrating when you look for shaving products that are noncomedogenic and the big brands never label them as such, but I hope they do take it into account when they make their products.

yea i hear the sensitive skin ones and non fragrance ones should be good. Ill def look around and keep you guys posted. Has anyone has no irritation when shaving with Dan's cleanser ? i love the cleanser just cant get a thick thick lather for shaving.

I talked to a doctor and he said to use pure aloe Vera gel because its a natural moisturizer

I been using it for over a Year now and it never irritates My skin.

You gotta be generous with it tho because its a gel and not a lather

I talked to a doctor and he said to use pure aloe Vera gel because its a natural moisturizer

I been using it for over a Year now and it never irritates My skin.

You gotta be generous with it tho because its a gel and not a lather

You are definitely correct with the Aloe Vera Gel!!! This has been by far THE best! I use Fruit Of The Earth, and has been more effective than any shaving gel, cream or foam that I've used in the past! From what I've noticed, it seems to work very well as a shaving gel and moisturizer, a 2 in 1, if you will. I have tried everything under the sun, and this stuff has been a Godsend, no kidding!

This one of the most popular shaving gels: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=33683 and it does say it's non comedogenic (won't block pores). It's for sensitive skin, and it has no added fragrance.

This is what I've used for years and years. I never had an issue.

I have mistakenly used products before that made my skin break out. It was bad. I think it's best to go for hypo-allergenic, sensitive skin, etc.. items and forget about it. If something is going to aggravate your skin you will probably see a drastic change within a week or two.