Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RAGLOO

IPL IS IT ANY GOOD?

Is IPL any good for marks/pigmentation/open pours and general uneven skin tone?

anyone had it done?

Hi,

I just got a laser treatment from diablolaser.com, primarily to treat uneven skin tones/persistent redness on my face after years of acne and and blood vessels on my nose. The laser was also used to "cook" residual active acne and to rejuvenate the collagen on my acne scars.

But a few years ago I went to a different clinic (bermanmd.com) and was prescribed a series of IPL treatment by a physician assistant.

The IPL was much more expensive, more painful even with the numbing cream applied.

The result was very disappointing.

It failed to removed the redness or the uneven skin tones. It also failed to remove visible blood vessels on my nose. It was really a waste of money.

What worse, I got sent home with two large purpuras (black and blue bruises) on my forehead.

OTOH, the Candela Vbeam laser was less painful and the treatment cost much cheaper than the IPL.

I got my redness reduced noticably, the blood vessels disappeared, and the acne scars are noticably better.

The lady who treated me also mentioned that IPL machine is much cheaper than the laser. Each of her laser machines costs around US$125000 while an IPL machine costs around US$15000.

No wonder in many local beauty clinics I researched they have those IPL machines.

In fact, it is the only machine they have and offer to their customers.

I plan to upload my after laser treatment pictures tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

Is IPL any good for marks/pigmentation/open pours and general uneven skin tone?

anyone had it done?