Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mousie

Best foundation that doesn't cause breakouts

So...I have always stayed away from foundation (liquid, mineral, powder, tinted moisturizers, etc) because they ALLLLLLLLL make me breakout. I try to only wear full face makeup if I have an event I have to wear it for. I have tried every mineral makeup and expensive liquid foundations down to drugstore brands. Even if it says non-comodogenic or oil-free it is guaranteed to cause new breakouts by the time I wash it off at night. Does anyone who has sensitive skin have any suggestions on liquid or powder foundations that don't cause additional breakouts? I currently have kiss my face tinted moisturizer, EDM, BareMinerals, Cargo oil-free foundation, and they all make me breakout. I am currently using Taz and Duac so my skin is crazy dry as well.

Yeah im in the same boat. My skin is very dry and sensitive because of Accutane and ive used BM and EDM. They seem to make my skin drier and they don't smooth on as well as they used to when my skin was oily. I also tried Physicians Formula and it gave me hugeeee cysts.

The thing that is especially strange is that I wear blush daily and blush has never made me breakout...but any sort of foundation is guaranteed to break me out. The "blush" area isn't a big breakout zone for me so maybe that is why... but since my skin is so dry mineral makeup is a definite no-go at this point too (even though they all seem to break me out like crazy).

I have sensitive skin (light to moderate acne) and I can wear Almay pure blend liquid makeup no problem. It's very thin, and has light coverage, but it does the job with minor scars.

I'm using Clinique's Clarifying Powder. It seems to actually help bring acne to a head. I'm not sure if it causes me to break out right now because I'm on tretinoin. I will be trying Rimmel London's Stay Matte Clarifying Foundation and I'll let you know how that goes.

I use Vichy Norma Teint a liquid foundation that has salicylic acid in it so it fight pimples and it has pretty good coverage.

The only draw back (aside from the limited color selection) is that it says that its supposed to control oil but it doesn't do that much of a good job. I have to dust my face with powder a few hours later (lasts a bit longer during the winter). But seeing as you have dry skin, it shouldn't be a problem for you. I got it while i was in Canada, don't know if they have it here in the US.

I have been usin Revlon Age Defying Spa foundation and really love it. It is light, slighting moisturizing but not greasy, seems to really brighten my skin and has not made me breakout at all. I like it much better than any foundation I have ever tried.

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, it's my HG foundation. It's non-comedogenic and oil free and it has never broken me out, like you I tried and tested a lot of foundations before I found this one!

Did this for another thread:

• -Name: Light House Minerals foundation
  • -Brand: Lighthouse Minerals
  • -Where you got it:
  • -How much it cost: You can get starter kits for less than $10.
  • -What form: It's powder, but you can add moisturizer to the powder to make a liquid.
  • -Whether it is mineral makeup or regular: It's mineral.
  • -Coverage: It varies as to what you'd like- Sheer-medium.
  • -How it reacted with your skin: It's never EVER caused a break out. This is because the owner of the company hand makes the makeup to insure quality. It's only pure minerals- unlike the "bare mineral" crap. It has no fillers or irritants.
  • -If its non-comedogenic, oil free...: Yep.
  • -If it has acne medication in it: She makes a powder to go under it to fight acne if you'd like. It's made with green tea extract.
  • -How you apply it (brush, pad, fingers): Brush.
  • -How it looks on your skin: Natural. Matte if I don't add the finishing veil, but I like the glow.
  • -If it only looks good in certain lights (cuz god knows that happens..): Lol, well. I think it's done the best makeup job for me. I never like my face unless it's in dim dim light, so I'm biased.
  • -How it feels (lightweight, heavy, greasy, oily etc): Lightweight. Doesn't really feel like anything's on.
  • -If it has a fragrence or scent: No.
  • -If it has SPF or not: Yes, the zinc oxide acts as a natural SPF.
  • -How long it lasts throughout the day (does it wipe off in a couple of hours or during exercise): All day. I've never had it fail me. I've never used it while exercising.
  • -Name any other products you use with it (Concealer stick, moisturizer, prime): None.
  • -Tips on how to apply it: Well, I kind of like a damp brush to apply it with. You can lightly wet it with a cloth. Light layers are best.
  • -Share any other products you have tried along the way (what were they like, how do they compare to the makeup you use now): I tried some Wal-mart brand mineral makeups (idk what they were called. I think Physician's) and it totally sucked. I found out it had rice bran or flour in it or something, which can breed bacteria on your skin. Food products on your skin = major no no.
  • -Share any products people should avoid like the plague!: ANY not natural make-ups. I really do not think there is ONE drugstore brand that is safe for acne.
  • -Let everyone know your personal experience cuz god knows, finding a good foundation is hard!: This is the only makeup that I have ever tried that I KNOW cannot cause ANY break outs. There's literally nothing to the formula, but it provides great coverage. Less ingredients = better. I now don't have to wonder if my foundation is causing my problems. It's more than enough to deal with the cleanser/toner/moisturizer I'm using at the time.

So does TALC have a lot to do with the breaking out? Because a lot of my makeup has TALC and I do videos on youtube and I LOVE LOVE makeup. This really sucks. I also use bare minerals and it break my out too well at least I think it does. Isn't TALC powder? I also use MAC's liquid foundation. And I also use primers on my face. My boy-friend thinks it's the primer or makeup not letting my face breath so my acne doesn't get better. I don't know, also I've yet to find a GREAT moisturizer for my face. All the ones that I've tried have broken me out. So I currently am not using one. THe last one I was using was OLAY sensitive oil-free moisturizer. I also tried Cetaphil and it says that is non-comedogenic. I am so frustrated and ashamed of my face sometimes. I don't make a video if I have to get so close to the camera unless it's my eyes. =(

Look at the picture I added it's about a couple of days ago...my makeup is kind of gone but man the pimples on the right side of my face (your left) have been there for a month or two now. Irritating

post-114527-1257394565_thumb.jpg

post-114527-1257394565_thumb.jpg

Edited by DulceB

If EDM has broken you out, you might be sensitive to mica, which almost all makeup has. EDM has no talc, so while you might also be sensitive to that, it wouldn't be the culprit with EDM.

I don't know about the other makeup you listed, but I suppose that they all have mica.

Try finding makeup without mica, and see if that works for you.

Try something from this website: www.cosmeticscop.com

Like this http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/all-ba...f-15/Complexion

She specially formulates her stuff to be non-irritating. This doesn't have mica.

If it still bothers you, you might have a problem with titanium dioxides. Some people just can't wear makeup.

Edited by headtrip_honey

Guest lovelyladylivingwithacne
So...I have always stayed away from foundation (liquid, mineral, powder, tinted moisturizers, etc) because they ALLLLLLLLL make me breakout. I try to only wear full face makeup if I have an event I have to wear it for. I have tried every mineral makeup and expensive liquid foundations down to drugstore brands. Even if it says non-comodogenic or oil-free it is guaranteed to cause new breakouts by the time I wash it off at night. Does anyone who has sensitive skin have any suggestions on liquid or powder foundations that don't cause additional breakouts? I currently have kiss my face tinted moisturizer, EDM, BareMinerals, Cargo oil-free foundation, and they all make me breakout. I am currently using Taz and Duac so my skin is crazy dry as well.

Physicians formula is awful and it gave me cysts too even though it was talc free. I used Covergirl Aquasmooth.

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, it's my HG foundation. It's non-comedogenic and oil free and it has never broken me out, like you I tried and tested a lot of foundations before I found this one!*****

Is that the Liquid or Powder version?

The only foundation I can wear is Clinique's Perfectly Real makeup, it covers really great and no oil. I've also tried the Clinique clarifying foundation, but it dried me out way too much in combo with the benzoyl peroxide medication and emphasized my wrinkles around my mouth big time.

The Body Shop's "Nature's Minerals" have been amazing for me. When I put it on, it seriously looks like I have no make up on (blends in so well) and is non-comodogenic. I used to use Bare Minerals but that's when my acne doubled due to a really bad reaction to it. I heard if mineral make up has 10 ingredients or less (not full of fillers) then it's good for your skin. Has anyone else heard this?