Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Clinique Makeup on accutane??

Ive been using Bareminerals and recently switched to Everyday Minerals because once i was put on accutane BM made my skin red and irritated. I also found that since my skin wasn't producing as much oil the makeup didn't go on as well. It was flakey and only looked good in certain lights. It was also drying. No matter how much moisturizer i put on beforehand it still didn't provide a smooth coverage like it used to. (i use CeraVe) Same with EM. Im trying to find a better makeup, possibly a powder because im not a fan of liquids. I need full coverage for my acne, scars, red marks, and uneven skin tone. Also my cheeks and chin tend to get red. Any suggestions?? I also have sensative skin... I was going to try clinique. Bad idea??

Oh, if your on accutane, what sunscreen do you use? Neutrogena feels so heavy and thick on my face.

Thanks!

honestly, i can not imagine wearing foundation when on accutane because my skin was so dry. i would not wear it personally.

I used to use mineral makeup (bare and everyday) when my skin was oily. But now that im on accutane my skin is dry and sensitive. The mineral makeup seems to be irritating my skin and drying it out even more. When i apply it my skin also gets very red. So im thinking of trying Clinique makeup. Has anyone tried Clinique on accutane? Im thinking about going with a powder because ive never been a fan of liquids.. Or do you have a suggestion of a different brand?? I need all the help i can get!

I am NOT a fan of liquids either, but MAC makes a foundation that is more on the 'tinted moisturizer' end as far as thickness and coverage- it adds a perfect layer which then adding their Studio Fix powder (which is described as a powder foundation) gives great coverage.

Also MAC makes a concealer that comes in the same little pot as their eyeshadows that has shea butter in it- extremely good coverage & very moisturizing.

I love bareminerals but the application technique alone irritates my skin now that I'm on retin-a :(

I couldn't see wearing it on accutane, actually :/ I'm addicted to wearing it but... man.

You could rub moisturizer and your foundation together to try? Or just moisturizer and powder.

I've found the Clinique "city stick" is great for dry skin. Just wash your hands, put some on your finger, and blend in on the dry/red area. It offers a lot of coverage and you won't have to put a ton on your face. You only have to spot treat with it. It never broke me out. I always use it on scabs and dry skin. It's like $20 and lasts forever.

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up buying the Clinique Almost Powder Makeup. Oil free, light, easy, SPF 15. So far so good. Its light but the coverage is surprisingly good! it covers the red marks which is nice. you can sorta tell im wearing makeup but thats because its the makeup the lady tested my shade with.. I also got the line smoothing concealor but im going to look into the City Stick. Do you think this will be good for my dry skin/acne?

Guest missyjean130

Loreal tru match was a godsend for me while I was on accutane!

However,I used the baby brush method of exfoliation before applying and also making sure I moisturized really well. I used some eucerin moisturizer in a jar...I can't for the life of me remember the name but it had the consistency of pudding (cause it had tapioca in it) and it felt great.