Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArmyWife09

Want to start the regimen tonight

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. I'm so thankful I found it. I've moved from Wisconsin to Hawaii and have been here in Hawaii for two years now. Since it is so hot everyday, my face is contantly oily, or if I even do the slightest things like vacuuming, taking a walk, or even just standing outside for two dang minutes my face starts sweating! yuck! I'm so sick of this! I have horrible acne now. This is the worst its ever been. I have suffered my whole life, but now its the worst.

My question is...the doctor put me on retin-a cream .05. It hasnt changed anything. It takes some acne away and then more just pops up somewhere else. I'd like to start Dan's Regimen. Should I wait a couple of days before starting with the Benzo and stop the retin-a or I can start it tonight? I used the retin-a cream before bed last night. Thank you! :angel:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. I'm so thankful I found it. I've moved from Wisconsin to Hawaii and have been here in Hawaii for two years now. Since it is so hot everyday, my face is contantly oily, or if I even do the slightest things like vacuuming, taking a walk, or even just standing outside for two dang minutes my face starts sweating! yuck! I'm so sick of this! I have horrible acne now. This is the worst its ever been. I have suffered my whole life, but now its the worst.

My question is...the doctor put me on retin-a cream .05. It hasnt changed anything. It takes some acne away and then more just pops up somewhere else. I'd like to start Dan's Regimen. Should I wait a couple of days before starting with the Benzo and stop the retin-a or I can start it tonight? I used the retin-a cream before bed last night.

Thank you! :angel:

Hv u ever consider trying taking antibiotic. Minocycline or Doxycycline will help in acne. Its a slow long process but it does help. Im currently on doxy and spironolactone. Talk to ur doctor abt that antibiotic. Military pharmacy hv those medicine. I know that coz im an Air Force wife and went to the doctor for my acne. Good luck.

I don't think there should be any problem with starting the Regimen tonight...just make for sure that you are using the right products:

1) Non-medicated Cleanser

2) 2.5 % Benzoyl Peroxide

3) Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer

And make for sure that you start off with a tiny amount of BP. Good luck!

Course I can't speak as a doctor/dermatologist, but I don't think there will be a problem. I wouldn't use the Retin cream with the regimen though, I think that goes without saying.

Yes, he put me on doxycycline for three weeks. It did clear up the small acne all over my forehead,chin,and nose. Those areas are clear still. Which is funny because those use to be my problem areas. Now its just my cheeks and around my mouth..