Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RAGLOO

How many times have acne stopped u going out ect

Just wondered how many social events u missed, nights out with mates, family things ect.

For me in the last 5 years ive been hiding away!, im trying be break the habit but its hard!

I think I skipped going to a few local concerts because I had just broken out.

Usually I try to go out, and be confident.

So that when I'm finally over acne, I don't look back on the days I had it and regret not going out.

I missed my prom.

Part of the reason i didnt go was because of acne. My acne wasnt even that bad, i was just self concious.

I had an amazing date, amazing group i made a huge mistake

I can remember at least three times that I've refused to go to school because I had a GIGANTIC spot, or many GIGANTIC spots. But when I'd go back to school I'd have makeup gooped all over my face and people could tell I was hiding something, which is actually worse I think. I go to school anyway now; most people at my school aren't very judgemental. :)

i've missed too many to count. one i can remember is canceling out on a friend's performance. she told me she was really nervous and i had planned on going. during that day i started breaking out. i lied, flaked, and said i was feeling sick. it's hard to look back on those moments and accept that i had become such a huge liar.

I think a lot of times.. I never had that bad acne.. Just mild to moderate.. I was one of the popular girls in college.. And from having great skin & looks to getting acne I really had a tough time dealing with it.. I did take a toll on my self confidence which affected my social life.. I was afraid to use makeup then as I used to think that it will make my face worst.. Now I'm 95% clear with just those annoying red marks post acne.. Trying hard to get rid of them.. Anyways now if I have some to meet someone special I use concealer to hide those marks and my skin looks great.. No one can make out I was dealing with acne on and off for past 3-4 years.. I think I have got that confidence back.. :) But I wish I had attended all those missed events.. They all were so special.. :(

I don't know. It's been more than a few. It wasn't always because of acne. I know there were times where I just didn't feel like going because of my mood. I don't like to do that, because I don't want to stand anyone up.

Recently I've been avoiding things when I break out bad.. like the last day or two.. but not too often. It all just depends on how bad the breakout is =\

I know it's kinda dumb to avoid outings and stuff... but sometimes you can't really help it.

Guest Herätys

Quite a lot sadly.

Especially for school and one day my mom told the attendance office that, that was the reason & I started getting watery eyes because that was such a blow. I'm pathetic.

Usually I go out with my friends, even with the marks because they've seen me before with scars and they know I got a problem on my hands.

Though recently I've been trying to postpone things to next week partially because of my scars. I want to go out feeling pretty cocky for once hahaha.

Yay forums for company. >w<

all the time.

the story of my life is cancelling on friends.

turning down so many opportunitys in life.

even jobs because i'd be facing the public & dealing with people.

I've not gone to school around 2 times because of some cysts.

Also skipping out on outings with friends...

It sucks! I feel so guilty all the time.

honestly, i have skipped going out thousands of times because of my acne. I'm surprised any of my friends even talk to me at all anymore. there are many days when i cant even go to the grocery store by myself on a tuesday night so i basically only go out for very very special occasions (weddings, birthdays) etc. becasue these are the times that people would be seriously upset with me if i didnt attend. Other times I am invited to go out? I turn down those invitations 95% of the time because of acne/scars.

Getting cystic acne recently has stopped me from one of my favorite summer activites......swimming. I live in apartment complex and I live right near our really nice pool that I haven't been able to enjoy. I just can't be out in public without makeup to hide my scars and cysts. There has been a couple days when I've said screw it I don't care but mostly I don't go. My friends will invite me to go swimming too but I turn them down. I know my face still looks bad even with makeup, but going in the pool would wash it off and people would see how bad it really looks. I also burn really easily and don't want to risk looking like a spotty tomatoe.

I've only missed one day of school in my whole high school years because of my acne. Why? I had the hugest cyst of my lift on my left cheek (the cheek line between my upper lip and under my nose). It was huge and I stupidly pick it and it bled for quite awhile. So I just went home. But, there were also times when I've missed hanging out with friends becuz of my acne. But now my acne is somewhat going down (somewhat...) and I've learned how to use makeup, so I try to make up for those lost times :)

Life isn't fun when your worried about little problems in life. You could have worse things than acne (like a severly burnt face or disfigured face too). That's what I try to tell myself anyways :)

literally hundreds of times ever since I broke out around 15 (this includes school, work, family events, nights out, weekend trips), but over the past year, maybe once or twice. You'll not only get clearer, you'll eventually find the courage to go out more along the way. You'll grow out of it.

i missed a whole month of school. My face was THAT bad....I couldnt even go out in public....I missed cheerleading tryouts but my coach still let me join the team...I've missed going to parties and making really great friends all because i was too afraid of what people would think about my skin.

TODAY. I woke up at 7am this morning, ready to go to work. But now I'm still staying at home as there were three imminent cysts on my face. I'm quite depressed actually (I have been on Accutane, and this is my fourth or fifth week).

You'll grow out of it.

I'm 42 and I haven't grown out of it. Granted, I don't have as many cysts as I used to, but I still have oily skin with lots of whiteheads and I still occasionally get multiple cysts (usually if I'm eating bad and not drinking lots of water though). Sorry to be a downer, but I don't think we can just tell people they'll automatically grow out of it.

You'll grow out of it.

I'm 42 and I haven't grown out of it. Granted, I don't have as many cysts as I used to, but I still have oily skin with lots of whiteheads and I still occasionally get multiple cysts (usually if I'm eating bad and not drinking lots of water though). Sorry to be a downer, but I don't think we can just tell people they'll automatically grow out of it.

I meant mentally. I am well aware of adult acne too. I still have acne, but it doesnt control my life as much as it used to. Everyone has those days where they dont feel like going anywhere because they feel they're ugly, 15 or 51, acne or no acne. But that feeling is at its apex during teenage years, and self-image becomes less important as you age.

I missed my prom.

Part of the reason i didnt go was because of acne. My acne wasnt even that bad, i was just self concious.

I had an amazing date, amazing group i made a huge mistake

~i went to my prom. but i kinda wish i didn't now. because i had a really big cyst on my cheek. wouldn't have been so bad if i skipped i think. photographers there were taking pics. i received my free cd full of pics and noticed they don't retouch photos. i only looked through the pics on the cd ONCE. never do i want to look back at it.

~anyways other than not skipping the prom, there are tons of hangouts with friends i avoided. a friend's birthday for example and i said i'm sick that day. it frikin destroys me. i've always wondered, if i didn't eat as much junk food or deep fried foods (that was before i learned of cystic acne) would i be MUCH clearer now? hmm maybe i'll post this question up.

I meant mentally. I am well aware of adult acne too. I still have acne, but it doesnt control my life as much as it used to. Everyone has those days where they dont feel like going anywhere because they feel they're ugly, 15 or 51, acne or no acne. But that feeling is at its apex during teenage years, and self-image becomes less important as you age.

Very true, pbb. The teenage years were the worst. :cry: