Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris-6

what facial cleanser do you use?

so i think i need a facial cleanser, is dr bronners soap too harsh to use on face?

I'm looking for something with all natural ingredients-soap free, mild, gentle, preferably fragrance free, alcohol free and ph balanced...yet effective at reducing some skin oil-any suggestions?

what do you wash your face with? would you recommed a chemical based cleanser like cetaphil?

and if i wash do I have to moisturizer? or tone-maybe with witch hazel? - i really have no clue when it comes to skincare

Thanks

Dr bronner's is not pH balanced unfortunately, no real soap is - it's chemically impossible. When your skin is in good health, it can recover from occasional stripping by true soaps, when it's not in good health it will only serve to make it worse.

There aren't any truly 'natural' products out there meet all your requirements. Many so-called natural products utilise decyl glucoside, a foaming agent derived from natural sources. Decyl glucoside is an excellent pH balanced cleanser, it's relatively gentle and widely available. You'll find it in products like California Baby, ABRA Therapeutics, Juice Organics, Frownies, etc. Both the Juice and California Baby lines are available at most target locations.

I use powdered Yucca root, I've bought both frontier and mountainroseherbs.com's varieties. I slightly prefer frontier's, but I like the zero waste policy mountainrose has - kind of a toss up.

I simply pour a small amount, maybe a tablespoon, into a cup and add just enough hot water to thoroughly wet it. I then dunk the corner of a washcloth or flannel square into the mixture and gently rub my face with it. Yucca root has fat and water soluble saponins, from wiki:

Saponins are a class of chemical compounds, one of many secondary metabolites found in natural sources, with saponins found in particular abundance in various plant species. Specifically, they are amphipathic glycosides grouped phenomenologically by the soap-like foaming they produce when shaken in aqueous solutions

You could try to wash with jojoba oil.

Boots has a foaming facial wash, which is an amazing product. Never broke me out, always cleaned my face really well, and even left it glowing