Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i have my derm appointment for my one month check tomorrow morning so i will ask her and let you guys know.

But Ive been watching peoples logs and when they stopped breaking out. They are usually different, but however most start in middle of second month ive found.

Now my thought is this. Is it really the time (months/days/weeks) that matter? Or do you think you stop breaking out when you reach a certain dose in your system?

Example: Assume each person is around 70kg, and lets say.. moderate acne

Person 1. 20mg a day and doesnt stop breaking out till about end of 3 months

Person 2. 40mg a day and doesnt stop breaking out till about end of 2 months

Person 3. 60mg a day and doesnt stop breaking out till about end of 1 months

anyone else wondered this.. or has asked their derm about it?

I will ask 2morrow and post if anyone is interested

yeah im sorta wondering the same thing. Im at 2 months, 40mg. for the 1st and 2nd. Still breaking out, but not as bad as before. (hopefully the intial breakout is over, fingers crossed) My appointment is on tuesday, and they will probably bump it to 60mg. Let me know what u find out!

yeah im sorta wondering the same thing. Im at 2 months, 40mg. for the 1st and 2nd. Still breaking out, but not as bad as before. (hopefully the intial breakout is over, fingers crossed) My appointment is on tuesday, and they will probably bump it to 60mg. Let me know what u find out!

how was ur acne before you started? 1-10

and yea ill let u know what i find out... if your appointment is on tues, u should ask yours to see if we get the same type of answer

Moderate. Somedays better than others, but its very persistant. Mainly breakout on forehead and chin. Forehead is the worst.

Ill ask!

I had severe acne and accutane cleared me up in about 2 weeks, at a 40 mg dose.

So I think everyone reacts differently...

2 Weeks!! wow! thats when mine got worse... like i said, very persistant. My skin was also extremely oily but that mellowed out about after the 1st month. We'll see what happens. I had my bloodwork done today

okay i talked to the derm yesterday and she said that both time and the dosage affect progress. She said a certain amount of the medication has to build up in ur system and of course that takes time and the higher dosages will also speed it up i guess.