Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babbs

Quick Question

All Acne gone :whistle:

Still have post acne red marks..

currently using Neutrogena Oil Free acne wash morning/evening and little BP at night.

Should I stop the face wash? Stop BP?

How long should I continue the wash - i have been breakout free for 2-3 weeks.

Is it healthy to use this wash forever? (has 2% salicylic acid)

what should i switch to instead?

Thanks

Congrats on being clear! :D

Should stick to your regimen as long as you're acne-free, unless you're experiencing irritation of dryness from the BP. Always thought that SA and BP wasn't a good combo, but if it works for you, that's good. You can keep going with the wash and leave out the BP for a night if you want to test it out.

I don't see what could be wrong with using a SA wash 2-3 post clear. If you are confidant that you want to be tropical free Purpose gentle cleanser is a great wash.

As for the redmarks, I recommend Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Lotion with AHA. There isn't dramatic results when you first put it on, it takes time for your skin to regenerate and improve it's texture. For peels, I'm not well known about that.

In short, stick to what you're using if it works! :D

Thanks for your response.

I will use SA BP foe another month. If I remain clear I will stop BP and switch to a regular cleanser without SA in it. Notsure if too much SA is good for the skin. Do u reco a good face wash?

Tried to look for the neutrogena skin lotion with aha on cvs but could not find it. Can you provide a link to it pl? When should I use it? At night? And how does it work? I'm currently using the neutrogena anti mark face pk. Just started it.

Thank you.

Yes, stick to doing what works and keeps you clear, otherwise you run the risk of relapsing. Most people have to continue to use BP for maintenance even after they clear (I do). If you want to work on fading red marks, you can add an AHA or topical retinoid into your routine.

Guest missyjean130

Stick to what works....red marks fade over time anyway.

If your past the acne stage of life however,maybe then it's safe to go onto different things.

Stick to what works....red marks fade over time anyway.

If your past the acne stage of life however,maybe then it's safe to go onto different things.

Hi,

No don't stop the BP. It's actually helping your skin to be clear and zit free. I know red marks are really a pain in the ass, but they do fade over time.

You can try a tinted BP. As for me, I use Oxy Cover. Although it supposedly has 10% BP, yet the formulation does not irritate me as much as neutrogena on the spot (2.5%) and yet keeps me clear and healthy. Plus, it has a natural tint that covers the red marks too.

Not to hijack anyone's posting, but I also have the same questions as to when AHA should be used? I also searched my local walgreens for neutrogena skin lotion with aha and couldn't find it. Since the Neutrogena is actually a lotion and not AHA alone, should the regime step of using a moisturizer be stopped or also used after applying the neutrogena? I am mainly looking for a spot treatment for my red spots. Any further info appreciated. Thanks

Not to hijack anyone's posting, but I also have the same questions as to when AHA should be used? I also searched my local walgreens for neutrogena skin lotion with aha and couldn't find it. Since the Neutrogena is actually a lotion and not AHA alone, should the regime step of using a moisturizer be stopped or also used after applying the neutrogena? I am mainly looking for a spot treatment for my red spots. Any further info appreciated. Thanks

I did a little Googling and the product moisturizes, so you would use it after your BP and not bother with another moisturizer. I was going to say though that using it in daytime, you'd need an SPF as it's AHA, but it apparently also contains that too! Not bad! It sounds good - but the only thing I question is using it twice a day when it has AHA in it... I think once a day with AHA is a bit excessive, twice a day makes me wonder.

I guess it depends how strong the AHA is, when I say once a day is excessive I'm referring to focused products like Dan's AHA.

How do you find out how much aha the Neutrogena AHA contains?

^^ Ok this is what it has

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water Purified, Glycolic Acid, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Glycolate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Panthenol, Bisabolol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

What does that say?