Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_polka234

People with acne are UNHYGIENIC???

I'd say people with acne are MORE hygienic. And it irritates me when people with no acne say this or think it.

I admit, before I had acne I thought it too. (Just shower more, use a product, ect) and I feel guilty now lol. But seriously they should just shut their mouths. Their "help" (wash you face!") doesn't help and they're better off shutting up.

I mean, trust me, kids with acne are doing everything they can. anybody else get this impression?

Well, that's how the world works. Most people are quick to judge everything that's different. It's the people who don't that are worth hanging out with ;)

People don't really understand acne as much as they should.

I've been told to just get a bar of soap for my face.

And it sucks, it really does.

They just don't understanddd.

Yea I hate this. Yet people who are dirty as hell don't get any acne at all.

Its ridiculous.

People don't really understand acne as much as they should.

I've been told to just get a bar of soap for my face.

And it sucks, it really does.

They just don't understanddd.

Its true, the majority of people dont understand, its not really their fault though, I mean if I was clear skinned i wouldnt spend hours upon hours researching acne, Id just assume I didnt get acne because I looked after myself. Unfortunately its not that easy.

Yea I hate this. Yet people who are dirty as hell don't get any acne at all.

Same here, they dont realise how lucky they are, they mistreat their skin and take it for granted and the price they have to pay? maybe one pimple, maybe no price at all. And here we are, carefully carrying out a trial and error tested skin care regime every single night that has spanned several years and like suckers we still get acne. We've got shitty genes, its fuckin bad.

Im new to the site so this is my first post.

I HATE that people assume this.

All my friends are like "you have acne cuz you wear bad makeup"

or "why dont you get proactiv or something"

I take better care of my skin than anyone i know!!!

It feels good to know that other people know how i feel.

i know ! i am one of the biggest germaphobes out there and it has still not stopped me from getting acne. and, some breakout are actually caused by being too clean. some people feel like by washing there face 4569 a day, it will keep their skin less oily when, in reality, you are only doing more harm then good. once your body realizes all of its natural oils are washed away, it creates more. and the more you wash your face the more natural oils your body makes to replace them, leaving you more oily then you started off being.

but anyway, my point is people with acne arent dirty.

we are unlucky =/

oh and by the way,

i have a cousin who is disgusting and will addmit that she only showers MAYBE once a week [ gross! ] and has flawless skin. so yeah . . .

Im new to the site so this is my first post.

I HATE that people assume this.

All my friends are like "you have acne cuz you wear bad makeup"

or "why dont you get proactiv or something"

I take better care of my skin than anyone i know!!!

It feels good to know that other people know how i feel.

Welcome to the Org. :)

You're like family here.

People clear of acne definitely have this misconception. Clear skin in society is thought to be a result of a healthy and clean person. How wrong society is.

People are idiots.

I hate to be so blunt, but there are WAY too many arrogant, ignorant, and selfish people in this world. They think they know everything. You know, next time someone suggests you wash your face, act like they know everything and ask if they have the cure for cancer while they're at it. We have to stand up for ourselves at one point or the other and put these people in their place! :lol:

People are idiots.

I hate to be so blunt, but there are WAY too many arrogant, ignorant, and selfish people in this world. They think they know everything. You know, next time someone suggests you wash your face, act like they know everything and ask if they have the cure for cancer while they're at it. We have to stand up for ourselves at one point or the other and put these people in their place! :lol:

:lol: That's a really great comeback. *files it away for future use*

It is very mean of them to make such an impression.. I think they have no idea have much an acne sufferer spends his/her time on researching or trying something new behind the closed doors.. I agree some of them are aware of it but they are just too shallow to accept it and love to make some kinda comment to make other person feel bad.. Hate those stupid people.. I wish they suffer from acne at some point of time in their life to understand what it takes to get rid of it..

Don't you just love people?

If someone doesn't have acne, they're more likely to believe the stereotypes. Frustrating? Yes. You can't fight the world. Don't expect someone to search for a truth in an experience they have yet to experience.

Yea, well said ",)

But i knew of such a bit** who had simply experienced our experiences before, and yet she can be mocking and commenting on my scars. I can easily say that she is one of us when she was in her younger days because her imperfections on her face is so obvious. And the worse is she also has some weight problems. I am not trying to mock at her but i can't simply understand why would there be such a person.

When u yourself has that imperfection, u still has the cheek to comment on others' imperfecions.

People without acne assume that there is something we could do to clear up our skin. but that we just aint tryin hard enough. They assume that if they were in the same situation they wouldn't stop till they had found summat to get rid of the acne. If it was them, they wouldnt LET their skin get so bad, thats what they think.

When i was like 13 and starting to get acne on my cheeks, my friend looked at me then ran her hand over her own cheeks and said, "You need to do something about that." I was so embarrassed. I wanted to tell her that I was on antibiotics for it, that I ate my five a day and no chocolate, crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks or chips etc, that I wasted all my pocket money every week on Clearasil. But all I said was, "I know."

And another time when I was younger she was doin a quiz on me from a magazine, it was called, "How Clear Is Your SKin" or summat, and for all of the questions, my answer got a "YOur skin is healthy" response. Eg, if the Q was "Do you eat five a day?" I would say yes. Apart from the last question- "Do you have three or more spots on your face for most of the time." ANd obviously I went Yes, and my friend just snorted with laughter and dint make eye contact with me. She looked so smug.

The advice I've been given by friends who don't know about acne:

Wash your face.

Maybe you should see a doctor. "I DO SEE A [email protected]!!"

Have you tried Proactiv?

If you got rid of your oily skin it would go away!

I use XXX spot treatment! Try it!

Not helpful, but it's insulting even though I know they are just trying to help.

I KNOW!! It sucks that people have this idea that washing your face will help......I feel like having acne is also associated with being uneducated or stupid(as if I dont care about myself)!! It really bothers me!!!