Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjhdsa

does Vitamin A help with healing?

i have acne on my jawline and side of face, but i get hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin) where my acne was was the redness fades. Has anyone tried Vitamin A pills or knows if Vitamin A helps skin/acne heal? i take Derma Teen which is billed as a "skin support dietary supplement."

thanks

Vitamin A could help, but with scars I could recommend something more natural? I've been using Manuka honey as a topical for a few days now and I have actually seen my scars reduce significantly in the last 3 days, you could also take Zinc tablets as Zinc promotes the regeneration of skin cells.

Combine the two together and I would say your scars may be gone within a month or so.

Vitamin A could help, but with scars I could recommend something more natural? I've been using Manuka honey as a topical for a few days now and I have actually seen my scars reduce significantly in the last 3 days, you could also take Zinc tablets as Zinc promotes the regeneration of skin cells.

Combine the two together and I would say your scars may be gone within a month or so.

i thought scars were like dents in the skin. are the brown/reddish marks left after acne count as scars too? it's my understanding that these marks are just clusters of melanin that bunched up in reaction to the inflammation of acne.

I have been taking vitamin A (32,000 IU) daily for a few weeks now. I have horrid hyperpigmentation because I have a nasty habit of picking at my skin :( . Although I havent noticed any effects on the brown spots, it does seem to be clearing up my acne.

I want to try Vitamin A, but all the supplements contain Peanut Oil! I'm allergic to Peanut Oil. :( So, I'm having Cod liver Oil, I don't think it will work, but it's better then nothing.