Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dacha

some encouragement/advice would be nice

Okay, this getting quite old now. As you can see in my sig., I've been strictly on this Regimen for over ten weeks now; yet I cannot get it right. The acne has definitely decreased in number and I am grateful for that, but they still keep coming. I thought the Regimen was best at preventing? Also, flakiness has been such an issue. It's not nearly as bad and is mostly localized to my chin. I tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion yesterday morning and it made my face shiny all day and didn't hold back the flakes nearly as well as Dan's. I also decided to finally listen to many of you and try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I started using it on the 8th. I was scared it would break me out, so I've only been putting it on my forehead twice a day. Although it makes my skin really greasy, the stuff is amazing because my forehead is completely flake-free. HOWEVER, I now have a forming pimple right in the middle of my forehead! Is it just a coincidence or is it the Cetaphil?! Also, how do ya'll deal with the shininess from the Cetaphil?

Yeah, I use two: one for my cheeks/chin/upper lip and one for forehead/temples/nose.

Okay, this getting quite old now. As you can see in my sig., I've been strictly on this Regimen for over ten weeks now; yet I cannot get it right. The acne has definitely decreased in number and I am grateful for that, but they still keep coming. I thought the Regimen was best at preventing? Also, flakiness has been such an issue. It's not nearly as bad and is mostly localized to my chin. I tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion yesterday morning and it made my face shiny all day and didn't hold back the flakes nearly as well as Dan's. I also decided to finally listen to many of you and try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I started using it on the 8th. I was scared it would break me out, so I've only been putting it on my forehead twice a day. Although it makes my skin really greasy, the stuff is amazing because my forehead is completely flake-free. HOWEVER, I now have a forming pimple right in the middle of my forehead! Is it just a coincidence or is it the Cetaphil?! Also, how do ya'll deal with the shininess from the Cetaphil?

You might have to get a little more aggressive with your treatment. As for myself, I moved from two pumps slowly up to three (only at night) and its worked great for me. Whatever little zit that DOES come through, you can just zap with a small application of AHA+ two-three times over the course of the day.

I really don't think there is a correlation between Cetaphil and your single zit.... your sample size is waaaaay too small to make any definitive conclusions. Cetaphil is non-comedogenic, but everyone is different and may react to it differently.

I never really noticed Cetaphil to be shiny, but then again I always use it in conjunction with Jojoba oil. It's oily for a bit, and then it goes away... never really bothered me.

I would say stick with it, it took me 9 weeks to stop breaking out. You might check into your supplements and cut down on dairy and iodine intake.

I would stick with the regimen precisely for another month or so before making changes. Good luck.

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the encouragement. :)

I'm definitely gonna stick with it and hope that by month three I will stop getting new acne as frequently. I don't have a big problem with one every week or so, but I hate the ones that hurt. urgh...

I also concluded that it's unlikely that the Cetaphil and my new pimple are related...I was just worried. Now, I've taken the leap of faith and started using Cetaphil on my entire face at night. I use one pump and ten drops of jojoba. I still use 1 1/2 pumps of Dan's in the morning and I hope that this combo will completely rid myself of the flakes/dryness. I think I'm close...just gotta push through this final plateau!

This is going to sound totally cheesy but you have to have patience. believe me in only 3 weeks in and im already desperate to see MORE clarity! Really, focus on the beautiful skin you've gained thus far and that should help to stop thinking about the acne that is still healing. Your diligence in doing the regimen as gently and precisely will pay off big time be it 2, 3, or 4 weeks from now!